EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
HedgeHopper

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by HedgeHopper »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm Sorry, more project fear bollox here

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 79261.html
Aaah Richard you've had a quick google and found one obscure, rather insignificant romanian airline pulling flights possibly in some part down to the uncertainty of brexit or possibly not ...well done projekt fear bollox continues :D
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

......and just to stick some counter propaganda out there (I say propaganda because anyone who believes this fruitcake is in need of a checkup from the neckup) here ya goes....
DONALD Trump last night gave Britain a massive boost by declaring that trade between the UK and the US will be “very substantially increased” after Brexit.

The US President announced that the special relationship will be “strengthened further” following a new mutual trade arrangement agreed by both countries worth at least at least £12.8billion a year for trans-Atlantic trade. He also significantly raised hopes of a wide-ranging free trade deal between the UK and US by insisting he wanted to see Trans-Atlantic business significantly increased. UK and US officials signed a “Mutual Recognition Agreement” earlier this week which will mean current trade relations between the historic Western allies will be preserved after Britain quits the EU.
You avta laff eh? ;)
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

......but back to reality
The narrative of a mass exodus of City jobs has already been consigned to the Project Fear dustbin of history, with just 2,000 jobs now expected to move in the event of no-deal, compared to wild predictions of over 230,000 before the referendum. Now the FT of all places is reporting that EU asset managers are actually considering moving to the UK because of Brexit. That wasn’t in the script…

EU fund managers are up in arms over EU rules which would force them to trade dual-listed shares on uncompetitive EU exchanges after Brexit if the Commission refuse to give them access to London after Brexit. The German Investment Funds Association said that “without equivalence granted to UK trading venues, we see the real possibility of EU27 fund managers locating operations in the future in the UK”. London’s pull as the financial capital of the world is just too strong, whether the EU likes it or not…

The sky is only falling because the whingers say so, the country has been destabalised and confidence lost because of the constant dragging down by the remoaners, to them we have failed before we even moved

Happy trails :D
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Well, like with me and my situation, what I have to do depends on what happens on Brexit day, and some businesses will be the same. If a no-deal brexit happens, then I will have to do A, B and C, and if brexit doesn't happen, I stay as I am. I'm not going to do A, B and C until I know for certain that brexit has happened and under what terms. If there happens to be a brexit deal, then i'll have to consider doing X, Y and Z.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Having a P is one of the most satisfying and useful. :D
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

HedgeHopper wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 am
``The sky is only falling because the whingers say so, the country has been destabilised and confidence lost because of the constant dragging down by the remoaners, to them we have failed before we even moved``

excellent point!!

Until reading this sentence by hedgy
I just took it that the country was divided in opinion
and that people were still arguing over the result and even its possible effect.

But the reality is
that the UK took a vote!
The UK uses a `first past the post` voting system of democracy.
So the democratic will of the people (apologies to snowflakes :roll: ) prevails.
Or Should .. if we are really in a democracy.

Now, even before the 2016 referendum, the government employed `project fear` as they are mostly remainers, and indeed so were 1/2 of the voting public who turned out; with only just over 1/2 of the voting to leave the EU.

The `remainer` government spent £10m+ on `remainer` propaganda but still lost the vote.
`Leave` was mostly a poor working class thing, where people were feeling the efects of Austerity most, and pissed off with politicians and bullying through lies.

But once the vote was cast, the `remainers` became `remoaners`, in effect trying to pervert the course of democracy, `the will of the people` (oops .. apologies again for a democratic truth ) through various tactics including project fear 2, project hysteria, and a second vote for dummies, .. as well as the EU `deal`trying to keep us in (or part in) by stealth.

People are people .. but if people were tidy like innit .. they would accept the democratic vote, and get behind the result to make the very best of it, for everyones benefit.

But people are indeed people and strive to argue for their own benefit and interests.
This, as Hedgy says, is what is causing all the Brexit problems.
Remoaners sticking their oar in, putting the boot in, spanner in the works etc .. to cause dissent, discontent and turmoil .. not just UK but throughout the EU and the wider world !!!!!
Trev

Post by Trev »

garyboy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 pm
HedgeHopper wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 am
``The sky is only falling because the whingers say so, the country has been destabilised and confidence lost because of the constant dragging down by the remoaners, to them we have failed before we even moved``

excellent point!!

Until reading this sentence by hedgy
I just took it that the country was divided in opinion
and that people were still arguing over the result and even its possible effect.

But the reality is
that the UK took a vote!
The UK uses a `first past the post` voting system of democracy.
So the democratic will of the people (apologies to snowflakes :roll: ) prevails.
Or Should .. if we are really in a democracy.

Now, even before the 2016 referendum, the government employed `project fear` as they are mostly remainers, and indeed so were 1/2 of the voting public who turned out; with only just over 1/2 of the voting to leave the EU.

The `remainer` government spent £10m+ on `remainer` propaganda but still lost the vote.
`Leave` was mostly a poor working class thing, where people were feeling the efects of Austerity most, and pissed off with politicians and bullying through lies.

But once the vote was cast, the `remainers` became `remoaners`, in effect trying to pervert the course of democracy, `the will of the people` (oops .. apologies again for a democratic truth ) through various tactics including project fear 2, project hysteria, and a second vote for dummies, .. as well as the EU `deal`trying to keep us in (or part in) by stealth.

People are people .. but if people were tidy like innit .. they would accept the democratic vote, and get behind the result to make the very best of it, for everyones benefit.

But people are indeed people and strive to argue for their own benefit and interests.
This, as Hedgy says, is what is causing all the Brexit problems.
Remoaners sticking their oar in, putting the boot in, spanner in the works etc .. to cause dissent, discontent and turmoil .. not just UK but throughout the EU and the wider world !!!!!
I'm a remainer (NOT a Remoaner) and I run a business and the planning and actions we are trying to put in place, and the reduction in sales and profit that will have a negative effect on everyone who works for our business, is NOT an attempt to cause dissent, discontent and turmoil. It is a response to try and minimise the negative outcomes for our business following the decision by 'The People' to leave the EU.
Just because you don't like the message it doesn't always mean it's been made up just to annoy you. I suggest you try speaking to people actually dealing with the reality of the situtation before making sweeping statements backed only by your prejudice and a quick google.
If you were to state that your decision to want to leave is based on some idealogical stance, and that if we are worse off then so be it, then I would perhaps understand (although please don't roll out 'take back control of our borders' nonsense) but to argue that, economically, we won't be worse off leaving the EU is completely false. To then generalise and tar all of us trying to cope with the economic conesquences of what is an unprecendented level of change as 'dissenters' is mind boggling. Like it or not, you are reliant upon businesses, both private and public sector, to make as a good a job as possible of sorting out the huge disruption that Brexit has and will cause so it may be worthwhile taking some note of the most likely impact on you, your family and your lifestyle, both in the short and long term, and trying to make some preparations of your own.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Trev, though I would be extremely happy to be wrong on the outcome, I still think we won't leave it's a shame that a good deal of damage has been done allready, there was no need of most of it

(I know I do my share of talking bollox, but someone has to counter the bollox spewing from those vocal self declared immigrants who keep moaning about the country they don't even want to live in eh? ;) ) :....D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I think..

a `remainer` .. is a UK citizen who voted to remain.
a `remainer` could also be a person who has `remain` ideologies or aspirations.

a `remoaner` is `as above`, but intellectually or actively seeks to pervert the democratic stated `will of the people` to leave.

a`remainer` who actively or intellectually seeks to mitigate or enhance the effects of `leave`, for self or others, is a good citizen of democracy.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Oh deep joy!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/airl ... 68806.html

This Brexit business is turning out so well...soon it will be impossible to go abroad at all. The £ will be worth about €1cent.

:roll:

What a shame. An airline I use about 2 or 3 times a year to fly Bristol - Germany.

Still, come Brexit, there will be no need for me to fly to Germany because there will be no point in me learning about German truck technology, because we'll be doing it all here for ourselves. We just need to re-open Mr Foden's steam lorry factory. The Foden steam lorries can be fuelled with coal from Mr Rees-Mogg's Somerset coal fields, and we can use them to transport our new staple diet of mangel-wurzzels and stale herring.

Keep calm and carry on brexiting.

Return to “THE PUB”