EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elmer J Fudd

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:51 pm Image
The UK has agreed a trade deal with the Restaurant at the end of the universe?

Fishermen in Scotland can now supply Babel Fish tariff free so you can understand Disaster Area's final show lyrics.

Plenty of Tuna since the Dolphins disappeared too. Wonder why that happened? Could it be the end of the W................
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

So long and thanks for all the happy fish...
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Brexit: the gift that keeps on taking... Mastercard is set to raise the price of UK purchases from the EU
When UK shoppers use their debit or credit cards to make purchases from EU-based businesses, Mastercard will more than quintupling fees and MPs for companies that rely on online payments and rising consumer prices. Raises concerns.

Mastercard and Visa will charge an “exchange” fee on behalf of the bank for all debit or credit card payments that use the network. The EU introduced a cap in 2015, fearing that hidden charges could cost companies hundreds of millions of euros and raise consumer prices.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Lets face it, the Pandemic is of far greater concern right now
Don't be surprised if the whole EU membership debate becomes something of a moot point in the coming months
Not that it will stop
The Great Whinging
2016-???????
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

soho

Post by soho »

4c42e5b510ac732e4c7afb64258339d5.jpg
4c42e5b510ac732e4c7afb64258339d5.jpg (56.91 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OB1

Post by OB1 »

OB1 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 am Brexit: the gift that keeps on taking... Mastercard is set to raise the price of UK purchases from the EU

And here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55796426
Mastercard to push up fees for UK purchases from EU

Credit card giant Mastercard is to raise the fees it charges merchants when UK cardholders buy goods and services from the EU by fivefold.

It has sparked fears that consumer prices could rise if merchants choose to pass on those costs, especially on items not available from UK retailers.

Transactions with airlines, hotels, car rentals and holiday firms based in the EU could all be affected.

Mastercard attributed the move to the UK's decision to leave the EU.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I've made 2 mobile phone calls to my mum in dorset since the new year. From here in Limousin.

Before brexit they would have been negligibly cheap on my mobile contract. Just pennies. So small I never even noticed them.

But I just checked the bill on line. The first call was 6 minutes and cost 5 euros. The other call was 8 minutes and cost nearly 7 euros.

I checked with SFR and they attribute it directly to new billing arrangements since the UK left the EU.

When UK holidaymakers are again free to take their break in Spain, Greece or wherever there will be people unwittingly running up huge data roaming bills if they are not very careful.

In what perverted world is any of this beneficial?
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

daveuprite wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm I've made 2 mobile phone calls to my mum in dorset since the new year. From here in Limousin.

Before brexit they would have been negligibly cheap on my mobile contract. Just pennies. So small I never even noticed them.

But I just checked the bill on line. The first call was 6 minutes and cost 5 euros. The other call was 8 minutes and cost nearly 7 euros.

I checked with SFR and they attribute it directly to new billing arrangements since the UK left the EU.

When UK holidaymakers are again free to take their break in Spain, Greece or wherever there will be people unwittingly running up huge data roaming bills if they are not very careful.

In what perverted world is any of this beneficial?
I get it, but is this just profiteering on behalf of SFR or have they now got additional costs to cover? A result of Brexit, but not actually Bojo's fault, unless he is charging VAT on Importing voice data.

The Mastercard issue seems (to me) to be profiteering as we have always had to change currencies with transactions.

Return to “THE PUB”