EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Oop North John

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Oop North John »

garyboy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 am so when you are all taking the piss out of boris' deal, you are taking the piss out of your own EU preferred masters .. who were always set on punishing UK and showing the 27 how `bad` it is to leave ....
I just love how Boris is so consistent :) takes a deal, and makes it worse, he's got a real talent for that :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

can't argue with that 8-) .......... :lol:
dave h

Post by dave h »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:09 am
dave h wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 pm looks like no kumquat and Foie gras on toast for a while,
A sad attempt to make it look like brexit effects will only be felt by middle class urbanites. Brexit voters bought and will still demand tomatoes in winter, and lemons/oranges whenever they fancy them. Try persuading them otherwise. Even the Daily Mail is hilariously starting to complain about shortages that result directly from the nativism they've been promoting for years. The hypocrisy and mendacity is breath-taking.
dave h wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 pm remember more now than ever save the planet buy local,
A sad attempt to associate conservation with brexit. Brexit was led by polluting millionaires and climate-change deniers. Don't make me laugh...
we shall be fine for food especially toms,

https://www.britishtomatoes.co.uk/environment/

regarding your little experiment,
you decided to pick a product (superior british product) thats probably falls under the highest tariff,
then import it to a country that prides itself on producing cosmetics perfume etc and wonder why you get charged?
just to make a pointless point i presume,

for your next experiment maybe tea to china?, coals to newcastle?

dave.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Self-sufficiency in food is an impossibility for the UK.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Think I'll give this thread a break for a few days. It's intellectual masochism, trying to bring facts and reality to people who are set on a path of self-delusion and turd-polishing. It just makes me wonder where the boundaries lie? How many lost jobs would persuade a brexiter that it was a mistake? 10,000? 100,000? One million? How much international isolation and embarrassment would be your limit? How many more lies are you prepared to accept? What does Johnson have to do to disillusion you? Shit in your lunch? Shoot one of your children?

The brexiters can now tell themselves that they've 'seen me off' or some other conceited nonsense. Feel free to have the last word. I'm tired of it for the moment. I'm going to spend tomorrow getting very very muddy indeed.

See you in a while.... :D
dave h

Post by dave h »

Ohh dear,
I feel guilty now,
Have a good ride Dave,

Dave.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Dave, any Guilt should have been felt at the ballot box.....just sayin' like.

Anyway, it has has just been announced that Gibraltar will remain in the EU Schengen zone.

So another bit of the UK bloc is separated away with different rules; so much for taking back sovereignty. Take it back....give it away....
simonw

Post by simonw »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm Dave, any Guilt should have been felt at the ballot box.....just sayin' like. <snip>
I disagree. The guilt lies solely in the hands of those who effected a referendum, those who failed to provide proper facts of the matter to enable people to evaluate them and vote accordingly, and those who initiated and propogated lies and untruths. People voted based on the information provided to them. It is entirely a reprehensible failure of leadership.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

simonw wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm Dave, any Guilt should have been felt at the ballot box.....just sayin' like. <snip>
I disagree. The guilt lies solely in the hands of those who effected a referendum, those who failed to provide proper facts of the matter to enable people to evaluate them and vote accordingly, and those who initiated and propogated lies and untruths. People voted based on the information provided to them. It is entirely a reprehensible failure of leadership.
Have you seen his posts on the subject, that must have been some brainwashing campaign?

I have visions of Dave standing at the ballot box back in 2016 wearing a union jack clown suit, a red nose and blue and white hair. I suspect he kept it on all night then danced a Morris Jig with his fellow Bojorians in the morning.

Yes, lots of lies and lots of untruths, but lots of died in the wool English nationalists too.
dave h

Post by dave h »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:21 pm
simonw wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm
Have you seen his posts on the subject, that must have been some brainwashing campaign?

I have visions of Dave standing at the ballot box back in 2016 wearing a union jack clown suit, a red nose and blue and white hair. I suspect he kept it on all night then danced a Morris Jig with his fellow Bojorians in the morning.

Yes, lots of lies and lots of untruths, but lots of died in the wool English nationalists too.
great night that elmer,
guess you had you had your skirt on

Return to “THE PUB”