EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Jak* »

Probably the first time in history that two sides have completed a trade deal that results in them both being worse off. The French have demonstrated their ability to exert their sovereignty and close their borders quite effectively in the last couple of days, which might make some people wonder what it was all for.
Anyway I am now being positive, waiting for all that money to pour into the NHS and the creation of millions of new jobs to produce all this stuff that we are going to export with our new found global influence. The boost to Britain with all those millionaires and billionaires who supported the leave campaign investing their money in new industries is going to be fantastic.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Jak* wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:53 am Probably the first time in history that two sides have completed a trade deal that results in them both being worse off. The French have demonstrated their ability to exert their sovereignty and close their borders quite effectively in the last couple of days, which might make some people wonder what it was all for.
Anyway I am now being positive, waiting for all that money to pour into the NHS and the creation of millions of new jobs to produce all this stuff that we are going to export with our new found global influence. The boost to Britain with all those millionaires and billionaires who supported the leave campaign investing their money in new industries is going to be fantastic.
If you look up sarcasm on Wikipedia there is a link to this post :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Funny that when Boris said similar things people assumed he was making promises not being sarcastic.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

One positive thing to come out of it, it’s been announced that International Driving Permits IDP’s won’t be required for travel in mainland Europe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Well, that's a wonderful piece of news...in that particular detail things continue as before. Does that make us better off?

No, the Brexiteers' message to the British people is

"It could have been worse"
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

And I believe the 4 months faffing to take the dog abroad has been reduced to 10 days. Any more good news?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep I'm awaiting eurotunnel crossing back to lockdown uk from a free france.... Also if you have a ehic card it's valid till its expiry date then will be replaced with something named something else but does the same job...

Wine is still cheap and the French love us dearly.... Judging by the amount of Bonne Annee I received this morning down the beach... And well its tres Bonne Rodney..
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Voted Brexit, now regrets it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nt-village

Kent...once the garden of England...voted for Brexit...now it's a lorry park...oh, dear
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Makes a change for a Tory Government to cr@p on their own doorstep... they normally dump any problems further away from London (I.E. the North) Geographically not possible this time of course
Its a trick............get an Axe
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

So short sighted, to cause irrevocably damage to the environment down there, knowing full well that such structures will become redundant once things are finally sorted or we rejoin the EU. Such a shame.

Return to “THE PUB”