EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DavidS

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by DavidS »

The B of E have hardly covered themselves in the glory of accuracy so far.... ;)
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Obviously what I really want personally is a Revoke.
You and me both Dave and a few million others.
I wonder what a referendum outcome be now after this mess or how many would of voted leave if the current information was available at the time of the vote rather than the BS that was fed by both sides
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

DavidS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:29 pm The B of E have hardly covered themselves in the glory of accuracy so far.... ;)
Feel free to come up with your own estimates of how much the UK is losing compared to the disgraceful lies promoted by the Leave campaign in 2016. Of course they need to come from credible sources with an in depth understanding of the british economy (bit like the Bank of England I guess).
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

bill_qaz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:31 pm
Obviously what I really want personally is a Revoke.
You and me both Dave and a few million others.
I wonder what a referendum outcome be now after this mess or how many would of voted leave if the current information was available at the time of the vote rather than the BS that was fed by both sides
Well there's only one way to test that ....
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Round and round we go, where it stops ...... nobody knows :roll:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Its clear to everyone with a pulse that we are not going to leave because the powers that be don't want us to, so just as remainers were told to get behind Brexit and make it work, that is now what brexiteers need to do, get behind the remainers, speed up the revoking of A50 as this will save the country a fortune, and lets change the EU from the inside. If it doesn't work, we can leave with greater ease after 2020 with the implementation of the Lisbon Treaty, but we probably won't want to as that introduces a double majority vote principle to all EU rules.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Many voters seem to ridicule
The Will Of The People
but are those that seek to ridicule Democracy when on the 'losing' side. confident that their now winning vote will be honoured?
as they would now represent
The Will of The People

Even the long-suffering British Underdog will eventually
Rebel
Violently
when pushed far enough
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I am not sure how pushing through either May’s deal or no deal can been seen as exercising the will of the people. 52 % voted for Brexit, there was not a majority for either of these, or any other option of leaving the EU. The only actual majority was for Remain because they were clear what they voted for and the 48% all voted for the same thing. The sooner the main parties grasp that simple fact, the sooner we can put all of this behind us and the politicians can start trying to sort out the mess this country is in.
It is also interesting to compare the march last weekend with the one yesterday. Apart from the vast difference in terms of numbers, it was the nature of the marches that was different. I did not see a single report of arrests or violent behaviour last weekend, but there were several yesterday. I have not heard one Leave politician condemn the presence or actions of the far right racist groups who joined the march yesterday. Even though these were hopefully a minority, by not condemning them they are accepting their support and thereby encouraging the belief that the Leave campaign is fuelled by racism and xenophobia.
The nature of the debate in this country compared to the actions of the prime minister and people of New Zealand in the wake of the recent atrocities makes a sharp contrast. I am sure New Zealand has its own problems, but if it wasn’t so far away I would be tempted to move tomorrow and leave this sorry state of affairs behind.
Cheers Jak
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the referendum was an example of
Direct Democracy

Parliament works on
Representative Democracy

never the twain shall meet

MP's are mostly remainers
Voters are mostly leavers

Big Times are ahead
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I am a remainer, but the vote was leave, so leave is what we must do. However, if the deal on the table is so shockingly shit, so badly put together that it's worse than actually staying, what then? Go anyway? That's farcical. the EU is holding all the cards here. So what that we import from Europe, they could live without it. But we cannot live without them at no tariff. It's simple really, they have us by the bollocks, and the only way for the economy to continue is to stay (with the current deal)

Return to “THE PUB”