EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Philiptigerrice

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Philiptigerrice »

LowCost Holidays may be choosing to blame Brexit for their demise (Its really not our fault!) :whistle: - but ABTA / ATOL have been warning people not to travel with them due to their financial management 'style' and moving their HQ to Spain for several years now. Its not really to do with Brexit at all...
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Scotland may go to the vote again for independence and if they do vote for it this time and the rest of the UK agrees to let them leave and become a standalone country then they will have to apply to the EU for membership and they will have to get reimbursement from the EU of all the grants and subsidies that they currently get from the UK and just to stand still economically let alone move forward.

That's a long sentence with a lot of ANDs but that is what has to happen. Personally I think all of that will never happen so she needs to just shut up about it.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Scotland cannot go for another independence vote. The finances didnt add up last time, and they sure as hell dont add up this time. Sturgeon wants the cake and to eat it. She wants the money from England but the independence. Scotland could not join the eu, it has no money and would not meet the criteria, it is the UK which is the EU member. I wish she would just shut the fuck up tbh.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

All the Jocks at work who were hugely in favour of Independence last time - have backed right down from it. And many of them wish she would feck off too...

Trouble is - she's duty bound by her partys constitution to push for independence, so she kind of has to do it.

One big issue for the SNP though, is that if they keep acting like arseholes in the House of Commons and pissing everyone off - and thinking its a great laugh, interrupting their auld enemy - at some point, Westminster will eek its revenge and piss them off far more.

They need to get on with governing Scotland & being a little more professional.
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

Mike54 wrote:Scotland cannot go for another independence vote. The finances didnt add up last time, and they sure as hell dont add up this time. Sturgeon wants the cake and to eat it. She wants the money from England but the independence. Scotland could not join the eu, it has no money and would not meet the criteria, it is the UK which is the EU member. I wish she would just shut the fuck up tbh.
I'm sure you do, and I'm inclined to agree with you that it would be difficult for Scotland to maintain a viable economy independent of the rest of the U.K. If it was in the EU it would likely become another Greece, in a constant state of economic crisis and being drip fed billions of Euros.
If the EU leaders share my opinion they'll make sure the list of requirements to join is sufficiently demanding as to be insurmountable, much like Turkey.
Where I disagree with you is making it in to a personal attack. The SNP is committed to working towards an independent Scotland and being the leader of the party she's merely doing her job. Judging by the election results the majority of Scots think she's doing ok.
Sorry to read about your accident, I hope you're making a speedy recovery.
hansblix

Post by hansblix »

This is a fantastic adventure biking post ,rikat what happened to biking u rude git.
dave448

Post by dave448 »

hahahahaa :laugh: difficult for Scotland to maintain a viable economy independent of the rest of the U.K.
yeahh..greece without the sun :laugh:

this means.. Jimmy Krankie of the north will now be to blame for delaying the sect50 brexit ..
niiice
:laugh:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

hansblix wrote:This is a fantastic adventure biking post ,rikat what happened to biking u rude git.
Huh? I must have missed something in the translation.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Dutchgit wrote:
pinball1008 wrote:
The voters of the UK were 52% in favour of leaving Europe. The droning on of this one track woman will not change that.

I assume you meant to write that 52% of the voters voted to leave Europe. That might not equal they all wish to do so.
I go further than that due to the high anti establishment protest vote, those voters didn't answer the question on the ballot paper.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

EU. In or out?

Post by -Ralph- »

It's a shit situation for Scotland though isn't it?

First UK wide referendum in years and the biggest SNP vote ever in the last general election. But a clear majority of Scots lost the referendum, and the SNP couldn't even get a coilition government with that many votes.

What it shows that whatever way Scots vote they can never get what they want, so how so they have any say in how the UK is run. I can't blame them for wanting out.

Bit they can't afford to go it alone, so they are stuck in a massive undemocratic catch 22, like the slave that stays with his master because that's the only way he gets fed.

Not a good place to be.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “THE PUB”