EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Redmurty »

Loggy they DON'T want to see it as seeing would mean they would have to make a decision and making decisions means actually having to do something other than bury their head in the sand.

With regards to a united Europe coming together what a wonderful idea but it will never happen, look at the people who have tried to do it, Romans French and the Germans now how did they go about it ? It was by force why did they have to do it by force because it's in mans nature to say ferk off.

As regards to a European army there is one already it's called NATO and works bloody well. European army how much more money would that cost us ? who would be in charge ? and under who rules of engagement would the troops be fighting under and what court would reside over any conflict thereof? I've worked with the Dutch military very interesting during an exercise when they stop for a tea break :whistle:

The only people the EU is suiting is the Germans they are getting the most out of it, Greece ? Spain Italy and France itself are all struggling which in turns suits the German economy go figure hey

Lets get out now and take any pain we have to before the big implosion happens (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

I don't know if Germany gets most out of it but they sure as hell put most into it.

Share of total contributions to the European Union budget in 2015, by Member State*
This statistic shows the EU Member States' share of total contributions to the European Union budget in 2015. While most of the EU countries contributed shares between 0.06 percent (Malta) and 2.04 percent (Denmark), only four Member States, namely France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom (UK), reached contribution shares greater than 10 percent. Together, these four countries make up over 60 percent of all contributions, with Germany contributing the largest single proportion.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/3166 ... ributions/

And about taking countries by force: Britain isn't exactly innocent now is it ? :whistle:
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

no they are not. (thumbs) Empire taken by force most of the time (thumbs) but did it all last no it didn't and look at the mess that was left behind when it all falls apart just like the EU will (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Dutchgit wrote: So it's kind of funny that people vote for an independent Britain but undermine just that in their daily lives.
(Not pointing any people out but you get the idea right?)
Your own government undermined the workforce (and the economy) by selling all sorts and closing down other industries because it suited them one way or another. Do you honestly think that will all come back and life will be good again ? I'd hate to disappoint you but...
I just bought tyres from Germany because they gave me a great personal saving over UK suppliers.
I want to leave the EU for our countries best interest not for my own personal interest. If their was no trade deal I would have happily paid the UK suppliers price. So is the EU good for the UK economy really? :whistle:
dave448

Post by dave448 »

re Afghanistan Then the West went in and left... we were there long before that see 1842 Kabul Retreat (or Massacre of Elphinstone's Army)
Ze Germans do indeed put alot in ..i would in their shoes ..you need to protect your markets..
re The EU army ... are u kiddin? who is going to lead it ? who will make decisions without political hinderance in the face of Putin makin mischief in Kaliningrad? (Kaliningrad is the capital of the Russian province of the same name, sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania along the Baltic Coast.)
then there is crimea and the tartars ..
then there is georgia ..
then there is ngorno karabach there is a war goin on there ..where Putin is brokering a ceasefire (sounds familiar?).. Moscow’s move could allow it to thwart the EU's plans to diversify gas supplies away from Russia.

what could possibly go wrong?
:ohmy:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

All of a sudden I feel that if we leave the EU we'll be much safer and anything Putin does won't affect us :pinch:

It might be a better idea to put some distance between us and the US because it wasn't the EU we followed into Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not the EU who keep upsetting Putin by threatening to put anti missile defences up to cancel out anything Russia can do and it's not the EU with the carrier task forces making Putin strengthen his defences in the south of his country.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AndyB wrote:All of a sudden I feel that if we leave the EU we'll be much safer and anything Putin does won't affect us :pinch:

It might be a better idea to put some distance between us and the US because it wasn't the EU we followed into Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not the EU who keep upsetting Putin by threatening to put anti missile defences up to cancel out anything Russia can do and it's not the EU with the carrier task forces making Putin strengthen his defences in the south of his country.
Really how many of the EU countries follow the septic into Iraq ? the French want us in the Euro army because we have a large army, Nato didn't stand up to Putin neither did the Yanks who like to pick on the little man rather than actually tackle someone their own size.

Putin is gain territory just like the leaders of the EU want to do (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Redmurty wrote:
AndyB wrote:All of a sudden I feel that if we leave the EU we'll be much safer and anything Putin does won't affect us :pinch:

Really how many of the EU countries follow the septic into Iraq ? the French want us in the Euro army because we have a large army, Nato didn't stand up to Putin neither did the Yanks who like to pick on the little man rather than actually tackle someone their own size.

Putin is gain territory just like the leaders of the EU want to do (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
They all followed the US when they were asked to and they always will do but when did the EU have a vote in Brussels and lead us into a war?

Better still, when did the EU last keep nuclear weapons on UK bases? When did they use the UK as a staging post for moving prisoners out of a war zone? It's easily forgotten what the US have done but cry about a potential EU army that probably won't be based in the UK.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I see that there is continued dispute over Armaosborne's rhetoric:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-warnin ... 05635.html
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AndyB wrote:[

Better still, when did the EU last keep nuclear weapons on UK bases? When did they use the UK as a staging post for moving prisoners out of a war zone? It's easily forgotten what the US have done but cry about a potential EU army that probably won't be based in the UK.

Why do people keep pointing out things that we don't have a referendum on as a reason to not grab this opportunity while we have it?

Yes there are lots of things that need to change but we shouldn't just say fu** it to much needs changing lets not bother changing anything.

My bike needed chain sprockets but I didn't say Fu** it it also needs tyres and and an oil change so I wont bother doing any of it.

You fix one thing at a time.

Being out of the EU may stop the US treating us like its EU puppet.

Return to “THE PUB”