EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Dutchgit

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Dutchgit »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Watching Question time last night there was a guy (I forget his name) that was introduced as having extreme left views on it. He was absolutely against the EU and had nothing good to say about it, but he was planning to vote remain because he didn't like the idea of Boris Johnson having power.
That is the most pathetic excuse to remain I have ever heard.

But he was absolutely convinced that their would be another chance to leave in the near future. :huh: That got me thinking;

Could there be a Labour party ploy to regain power at a great cost to our country? :ohmy:

Jeremy Corbyn has been a vocal euro-sceptic for most of his political career but now we have a chance to leave he is against it claiming it will give more power to the Tory party.

So we vote remain and the EU goes tits up, The Tories get the blame as they are the government in charge and Labour use it to score points at the next general election.

I know it sounds a little far fetched but I wouldn't put it past any of the 2 big parties to risk the future of our country in order to score points on the other.
:(
Yep, Europe is a bitch. :laugh:
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

daytona-supersport wrote:At the local truck stop chuck wagon.
Everybody was going for out. The owner told me she had only met one person voting to stay in. So far, I have met 2 for in and one not sure.
That sounds like the Scottish referendum,the minority were the vocal ones while the majority didn't shout about their intentions. :whistle:
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

More to do with the leavers being the passionate ones and the remainers cant be asked with the fuss of change. ;)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Dutchgit wrote:
I do wonder how the "outers" will react if Britain stays in the EU.

As I mentioned earlier I predict a huge rise in support for UKIP as they will be the only party offering another referendum. Much like the rise in support of the SNP in Scotland. Even if the others offered it they wouldn't be backed as they have played there in cards.

Look around the EU at the moment and see the rise of all the far right groups, then ask yourself is the EU really creating peace? :whistle:
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

CRAIGREVO wrote:More to do with the leavers being the passionate ones and the remainers cant be asked with the fuss of change. ;)
I've no argument there but it was still the majority that were happy enough with the way things were.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

CRAIGREVO wrote:

Look around the EU at the moment and see the rise of all the far right groups, then ask yourself is the EU really creating peace? :whistle:
Whenever there is bad "management" there are populists trying to turn their own fortune influencing the (mostly lower schooled and lower paid classes). It's what the world has come to, sad as it is.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
Dutchgit wrote:

As I mentioned earlier I predict a huge rise in support for UKIP as they will be the only party offering another referendum. Much like the rise in support of the SNP in Scotland. Even if the others offered it they wouldn't be backed as they have played there in cards.

My biggest fear about staying in is UKIP gaining momentum because even if I was an ardent supporter of leaving the EU I wouldn't vote for that party.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Dutchgit wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:

Whenever there is bad "management" there are populists trying to turn their own fortune influencing the (mostly lower schooled and lower paid classes). It's what the world has come to, sad as it is.
So you admit the EU is badly managed?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

AndyB wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:
Dutchgit wrote:

My biggest fear about staying in is UKIP gaining momentum because even if I was an ardent supporter of leaving the EU I wouldn't vote for that party.
I think it would be a win win situation as we would get another vote after seeing the affects of a couple more years in the EU, and the 2 main parties would finally get a wake up call.

At the end of the day something needs to be done in this country so that the people running it realize the voters will actually hold them to account. Much like Scotland when the SNP wiped the floor with Labour after the took Westminster's side in the referendum.

Far to many people in this country treat politics like a game. Supporting a team rather than holding a political party to account. There should never be a "safe seat" in a democratic country. The only reason these muppets get away with so much crap is because they know full well that they have the unconditional support of idiots.
moto al

Post by moto al »

May I ask without being castigated ,What happens if the vote is out. .. Regarding SCOTLAND..???. Now I'm not taking about gossip ,bull and kilt merde . I ask regarding the legal and constitutional angle. And please don't start the anti jock thing, keep this debate sensible . Best regards ,and sit safe lads.Al (thumbs) (thumbs) And I want too stay in along with the Scottish Parliament
moto al

Return to “THE PUB”