EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
devon john

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by devon john »

are local ship builder could buy british steel cheaper for rotterdam ,, what that all about ,,,

i am luck at my age it won't effect me but my kids i fear for them ,,,,, hood winked into going to uni then no jobs for them me as a pensioner having to work to make a living wage ,,, this can't be right!!!!

john
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

I was really hoping David Cameran could sort out a good deal for us as i wanted to stay in the EU but all the poorer countries want our welfare benefits and i dont like people we havent voted for telling us how to lead our lives so i am now OUT.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

MarkN wrote:My wife runs a large company that employs over 250 staff and includes Volvo and Audi, she has explained the implications to the business if we pull out of Europe and it's not good.

Yes, we employ a lot of people from Europe in jobs that British people wouldn't want to do on the money available but there are also a lot of Brits that work in Europe and that would impact on all of us.

As a country we export four times more goods and services than we import.

We would also lose thousands of jobs, there are a lot of European companies that are based here. Companies such as BMW could move the Mini plant from Oxford and as well as the workers there, it could also impact on all the subsidiaries that rely on it.

We would find that our travel insurance would get more expensive when travelling to Europe as our E111 cards wouldn't be of use and would we need separate bike insurance if we took them over the water, just like we have to get when we go to Morocco?

I will be voting to stay in Europe as I believe we're stronger as part of it than out of it and on our own.

Companies such as BMW could move the Mini plant from Oxford..

This says it all. we have been selling our country down the river for years . Utility companies like electric and water owned by european countries.

I for one think its about time we were in charge of our own destination , I'm voting out
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

O U T
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Redsoul wrote:I was really hoping David Cameran could sort out a good deal for us as i wanted to stay in the EU but all the poorer countries want our welfare benefits and i dont like people we havent voted for telling us how to lead our lives so i am now OUT.
Undecided but NOW leaning to wards out.

I like being in the EU for general security both literally and in markets and I am one that voted to join the EEC (Not EU).

Sadly, I now think we have been over-run and I was desperately hoping Cameron would have got a better deal. I have not yet had chance to view the deal in it's entirety so cannot make a proper decision yet.

However, as I understand it, our judicial system can still be undermined, again, as has been said, by un-elected officials.
I also do not like the way our town centers no longer speak English. When I go shopping I feel like I have gone abroad.

One thing I have gleaned is that all the other countries caved in, not because they agree with us but because they are scared of us leaving. Angela Merkel said as much this morning.

we shall see..... :S
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Looks like out so far.

The deal has to ratified by individual governments which won't happen, we have a whole world to trade with not just the EU.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

OUT .
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

OUT
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Old Git Ray wrote:
Redsoul wrote:I was really hoping David Cameran could sort out a good deal for us as i wanted to stay in the EU but all the poorer countries want our welfare benefits and i dont like people we havent voted for telling us how to lead our lives so i am now OUT.
Undecided but NOW leaning to wards out.

I like being in the EU for general security both literally and in markets and I am one that voted to join the EEC (Not EU).

Sadly, I now think we have been over-run and I was desperately hoping Cameron would have got a better deal. I have not yet had chance to view the deal in it's entirety so cannot make a proper decision yet.

However, as I understand it, our judicial system can still be undermined, again, as has been said, by un-elected officials.
I also do not like the way our town centers no longer speak English. When I go shopping I feel like I have gone abroad.

One thing I have gleaned is that all the other countries caved in, not because they agree with us but because they are scared of us leaving. Angela Merkel said as much this morning.

we shall see..... :S
These jobs in shops were available before other Europeans took them, the problem is, the British are lazy and don't want them. Without Europeans working in these shops, they'll close or won't be open for as long.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

devon john wrote: i am luck at my age it won't effect me but my kids i fear for them ,,,,, hood winked into going to uni then no jobs for them me as a pensioner having to work to make a living wage ,,, this can't be right!!!!

john
You've a valid point there John. When I left school 30 odd years ago, it was the elite, top 10% that went to Uni. The rest of us trained to become tradesmen via apprenticeships and worked in the service sector. Now, every school leaver is encouraged to go to Uni on the promise that they can get proper jobs at the end but they don't have the discipline to get out of bed on time and work. All they have is a piece of paper, that's no good for employers.

We have a real shortage in this country of tradesmen, builders, electricians, plumbers etc. That's why we fill these positions by overseas workers. We need to encourage more school leavers to pick up tools rather than pens.

Return to “THE PUB”