Poxy LEZ...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Billy Bananahead

Re: Poxy LEZ...

Post by Billy Bananahead »

mondo traveller wrote:Boris madman Johnson caused me to have to get rid of my Transit due to his fooking LEZ, someone please kill him, the jerk.
I've been into London a couple of times with my Transit and it's fine.
What's the problem with yours?
Mine's a 2003 75hp 2 litre.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The congestion charge zone is actually quite small whereas the LEZ is a hell of a lot bigger and apparently a lot of people get confused between the two and pay the congestion charge when they don't need to.

I've yet to drive a car or van in the congestion charge because if I need to be anywhere inside it I use the train.
davsato

Post by davsato »

I just avoid london like the plague, seems to work OK for me
Dave
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I had an old VW T4 2.4 D a few years back and went into the LEZ to pick up some furniture.

2 weeks letter I got a letter warning me that if I came in again I would be fined £100, but there was no action for a first indiscretion.

This is not a recommendation, but if it's going to be a 1 off journey, you may well still be able to get away with it....
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

There was a 3 month grace period when it was introduced,after that fines were in place. I had to get rid of a perfectly good van and buy a brand new one because of it (Bas****s !). FYI in 2020 any bike older than 2014 will not be aloud into the LEZ either (unless you fancy paying £100per day,and that INCLUDES residents,double Bas****s ! ).

I live bang on Oxford Circus.
Good points : 90 percent discount in congestion zone and free parking for van and bikes anywhere in West End for £141 per year.

Bad points : I have three bikes that'll be banned from LEZ in four years time. Plus right now and for this past year or so the roads in town have gone MENTAL, just going for a spin means 40 minutes of filtering before I can hit any kind of decent road or trail. Me and the squeeze are thinking of selling up and leaving the UK again (never thought that would happen)

Oh yes, and as a footnote. It means the end of the London to Brighton rally, the end of Classic bikes at the ACE and the end of anything similar within the M25 that we may take for granted at this time ! :(
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

London? Where's that :-)
Spout

Post by Spout »

sohoeasy wrote:There was a 3 month grace period when it was introduced,after that fines were in place. I had to get rid of a perfectly good van and buy a brand new one because of it (Bas****s !). FYI in 2020 any bike older than 2014 will not be aloud into the LEZ either (unless you fancy paying £100per day,and that INCLUDES residents,double Bas****s ! ).

I live bang on Oxford Circus.
Good points : 90 percent discount in congestion zone and free parking for van and bikes anywhere in West End for £141 per year.

Bad points : I have three bikes that'll be banned from LEZ in four years time. Plus right now and for this past year or so the roads in town have gone MENTAL, just going for a spin means 40 minutes of filtering before I can hit any kind of decent road or trail. Me and the squeeze are thinking of selling up and leaving the UK again (never thought that would happen)

Oh yes, and as a footnote. It means the end of the London to Brighton rally, the end of Classic bikes at the ACE and the end of anything similar within the M25 that we may take for granted at this time ! :(
Is it April 1st already?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Another example of how good we've got it in the south.... :whistle:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

You won't get nicked because Brentwood isn't inside the LEZ. It's outside of the M25 and in Essex (thumbs) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
bowber

Post by bowber »

Isn't anything south of Manchester in London? :P

Steve

Return to “THE PUB”