Calling All The Women Folk....Where Are You?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Alun

Re:Calling All The Women Folk....Where Are You?

Post by Alun »

davsato wrote:

the stove thing, im sorry that was partly me
Davsato, no man need apologise about stove talk. It's in our DNA.
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

Hi MidnightSerenity

Im africa jim's girlfriend, welcome to this site, ive just joined it myself, its good to have woman on this forum or even on any biker forum, its been just over 2 years since i past my bike test, its the best thing i have ever done, and it would not of been possible without my jim, thank you baby, love you, ive had 4 bikes, a sr 125, 600 diversion, 535 virago and now a f650gs bmw. B) :) :P
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
davsato

Post by davsato »

Alun wrote:
davsato wrote:

the stove thing, im sorry that was partly me
Davsato, no man need apologise about stove talk. It's in our DNA.
quite right, im not sorry about that, im only sorry that MidnightSerenity is missing out. she will never understand the allure of light alloy, the dull steely hue of titanium or the melody of a dinged stainless pot.
because our camping set up is the only time us blokes can eat straight out of a saucepan with a wooden spoon, and not wash it up before putting it away and not get hassled about it.

i tried to get my mrs into camping but shes having none of it. i even offered to buy here a 'she-wee' but no doing.
Dave
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hi Fiona...at last!!! Well I'm going to ignore all this talk of stoves and 'she-wees' (whatever that maybe...). Pleased to meet you Fiona. :) That's so lovely about Jim inspiring you to do your test. My partner was my inspiration to do my CBT...and I think he is ok as well...!!! :laugh:

I'm a bit worse for wear at moment as we have just returned from a night out on the town so I will say good night for now, but look forward to hearing all about your adventures on the road with Jim and maybe seeing some photos of yours as well?
E.T.

Post by E.T. »

MidnightSerenity wrote:
all this talk of stoves and 'she-wees' (whatever that maybe...). ?[/quote]

Well you see, its like this...

...nah.

I'll stick to sneaky leakers ;)
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

Good evening midnightserenety,
here is my report about our trip to germany 2010.
Our trip started with a long run down to the ferry in Newcastle, exactly 300 miles from Morayshire. Jim and myself on the mighty Varadero, met Boris and Ben in Edinburgh on the way down and travelled down to the boat.
The first couple of days were spent on some excellent b class roads among the German lakes. The dams we visited had been hit by the RAF during WW2, the actual operation was carried out by 617 squadron, based at RAF Lossiemouth, next door to us! The negative side to this was the statue in the village below the Eder dam of a woman holding a baby above the rising water caused by the dam bursting and it brought home the horrendous loss of life caused by the actions of the war dept in WW2.

We then met the others at Bacherach, a nice site if a bit noisy with the boats and trainlines and major trunk road within 200 yrds from my tent! The beer was good and the craic was excellent! After the over indulgence a good set of earplugs ensured a decent nights sleep! Four days of boat trips, bike runs, beer and sausages was enough to make for a memorable holiday but it was only the beginning!
The next five days at Mainz were very special to Jim and me and we will never forget them, full of "special" moments. The festival was excellent, we spent most days walking around the city, some of the old buildings were amazing, these had survived the bombing as they were in the proximity of the cathederal which was also a wonderous, peaceful place. The funfair was fantastic and the finale of fireworks on the Monday night was sensational!

Jim and myself then moved on to the city of Koblenz for two days, named by the Romans, something to do with the meeting of two rivers (the Mozel and the Rheine). 87% of the city was destroyed by the RAF bombing in WW2, another sad endightment of the war. A beautiful city, well worth a visit, especially as they are almost finished a cable car from the Kaiser Wilhelm the 1st monument to the huge Fortress Ehrenbreitstein on the cliff above the City, very touristy!

So, to recap, sixteen days of travel, we shared time with some wonderful people and ate and drank like Germans! Of course there were times and people who made this a very special holiday for Jim and myself and I'd like to thank them.Finally, Benno, for producing the most fascinating food I have ever tasted! What a star the guy was, on our last trip past his shop he stood in the front of the truck stop waving and shouting "Scotland!" as we passed!
Benno's truck stop, opposite the castle in the middle of the river on the east bank of the Rheine, a must on every visit to the area!

So that is my report, hope you liked it, pictures to follow shortly

:kiss: :kiss: :) :)
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

here is a picture of everyone who was there with us.
africajim

Post by africajim »

The picture?
kebab.JPG
kebab.JPG (47.23 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Honda, the power of dreams.
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hey Fiona...what a super post!! :) I really enjoyed reading that so thank you for sharing. Sounds like you and Jim had a wonderful holiday...what a great mix of things you guys managed to pack in. How many miles in total did you cover in the 16 days?
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

hiya midnightserenity,
I think we did just over 2000 miles, a bit less than the year before, when we did 3500miles, i love going round europe on jim's bike, my bike stays at home, not brave enough for that haha :laugh:

Return to “THE PUB”