Happy Christmas all you heathens ...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Simon_100

Re: Happy Christmas all you heathens ...

Post by Simon_100 »

moto al wrote:As a boy I remember asking ,the monks at my all boys Catholic school. How come they knew Jesus was born on the 25th of December, as we didn't use that Callander at time . After 6 of the belt I learned to shut my frigin mouth. . And it wasn't Ho Ho Ho. Al :evil:
It was worse for me Al, until aged seven I went to a convent school run by nuns and asked the 'V' birth question ...

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
moto al

Post by moto al »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
moto al wrote:As a boy I remember asking ,the monks at my all boys Catholic school. How come they knew Jesus was born on the 25th of December, as we didn't use that Callander at time . After 6 of the belt I learned to shut my frigin mouth. . And it wasn't Ho Ho Ho. Al :evil:
It was worse for me Al, until aged seven I went to a convent school run by nuns and asked the 'V' birth question ...

Simon
. Simon is that not a true STORY :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Al
moto al
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

moto al wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Simon
. Simon is that not a true STORY :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Al
Yes it is Al, sad but all too true - they threw us boys out at seven ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I went to a "brothers of charity " Catholic school in SA. It was a private school and my parents (not Catholic) thought they were doing a good thing, those f*cking c*nt brothers were all shits. In standard five the guy took a dislike to me as I was English and he thought everything German was the best. Used to beat me every day near enough. I'm sure he was a pedophile too but luckily I wasn't abused. I'd kill him now if I came across him and could get away with it.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
moto al

Post by moto al »

Sorry si you misunderstood , I was meaning the Virgin birth , being true :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :evil: Al
moto al
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Watching Simon Reeves programme on Ireland last night and 4 out of 5 Catholics used to go to church and now it`s 1 out of 5 in light of recent revelations about priests!
Also watched the film oranges and sunshine recently which is about the deportation of kids to Australia and their treatment by priests in the orphanages :angry:
Religion isn`t it a wonderful thing, and no I won`t be celebrating Christmas :whistle:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Yup, I don't think I've met or heard of anyone who has a good word for those catholic schools - apart from my sister but she's a moron!

I think I only went there so that my mother could go back to work as a teacher and they took you from four years old - actually I would still have been three for the first few weeks! But I have a lot of recall - which is a bad sign! - including the Virgin Birth challenge to Mother Superior, who obviously thought I was Satan incarnate! - and Noah and the Arc - I was obviously a born geologist to explain the sea bed marks on the summit of Mount Sinai.

After that we pretty much mutually gave up on each other and I spent most of my time looking at the ships going up and down the Mersey - they still had docks then! - and that just about sums up my education for the duration ...

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Nigel wrote:Religion isn`t it a wonderful thing, and no I won`t be celebrating Christmas :whistle:
Surprisingly they don't really 'do' Christmas in Spain - Easter is another mater though - and in any event we usually shut ourselves away in the Pyrenees for the duration, where we are frequently snowed in ...

But we've spent about the last three Christmasses in Barcelona holding the fort for a friend's business while he's back in the UK with their new baby - absolutely brilliant, his barrio the rather infamous Raval, is a bit like Bradford so it's the same every day of the year - got to keep the corner shop running ...

But my Big Plan is to find somewhere to go each year in Morocco (thumbs)

Simon

herman

Post by herman »

Humbug to Christmas. We spend the day spoiling the animals usually with a healthy if bracing walk in the New Forest then a home made curry. ( for us that is ...have you ever seen the aftermath of a dog fed curry? )ImageImageImageImage Taken last year on Canada Common.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Nice plan Allen. Nothing better than dogs on Christmas day to take your mind off it all - maybe we'll have found some new huskies to adopt by then, sadly there will be loads around Easter time after the Xmas gifts lose their cuddly appeal :(

On a brighter note: I should have my new set of choppers installed by then - but I think I'll stick to the snaggers, chestnut stuffing and bread sauce over the turkey meat. The thought of eating the icing off a Christmas cake is sending electric shocks up my jaws! :whistle:

Regs

Simon

Return to “THE PUB”