Please don't troll topics you don't like.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Throttled

Please don't troll topics you don't like.

Post by Throttled »

Because the gun thread has been locked I have lost the ability to reply to comments made to me.

There are a lot of posts on this forum which I find boring, annoy me etc. I would never dream of trolling them to ruin the conversation for others. It is disrespectful, selfish and very annoying.

I stay out of topics I don't like, I do not ruin it for others, please do the same.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
daytona-supersport

Re: Please don't troll topics you don't like.

Post by daytona-supersport »

Also it might help if you unsure of a particular thread content, check the forum rules and if necessary inform a forum moderator. They do their best to keep a great forum on track. Thanks guys. (thumbs)
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Sadly, this is the Internet.. people think it's their god given right to comment on everything and anything, even though it's pretty obvious they have no Idea about the subject they are commenting on.

The other thing is.. people mistakenly believe their opinions are fact.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I totally agree!! The guns post was in the pub section that is for general chat on any subject. Not just subjects that interest everyone.

Think of the ABR pub section as a real life pub. If the group next to you is talking about something you don't find interesting, you wouldn't keep butting in to tell then you didn't find it interesting would you?
You may want to have a word with the landlord if they start getting offensive but you wouldn't bombard him with request to have them kicked out because the conversation they were having is not interesting to you.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

To be quite honest I see no need whatsoever for any threads which are not about bikes or travelling with bikes. This is a motorcycle forum. Also topics about politics, terrorism etc are wholly inappropriate.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Mike54 wrote:To be quite honest I see no need whatsoever for any threads which are not about bikes or travelling with bikes. This is a motorcycle forum. Also topics about politics, terrorism etc are wholly inappropriate.
And yet here you are in the pub section typing about non bike related topics. Maybe you love it but you just dont know you love it. :laugh:

Every forum has a pub/general chat section.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Mike54 wrote:To be quite honest I see no need whatsoever for any threads which are not about bikes or travelling with bikes. This is a motorcycle forum. Also topics about politics, terrorism etc are wholly inappropriate.

with you their Mike54....its strange how its mainly uk biking forums that have the "off topic" threads the huge ADV site has very little of this thing. Yes they get very anal about stuff but its still generally bike based or equipment and the euro section is very quite...

think its all the "people of a certain age" :woohoo: getting all Victor mildrew ish :P .

you read very little from young folks as mainly they are out havin a good time...im 55 bye the way and preping my bike for Africa in the spring lol..
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

If a subject in the 'PUB' section doesn't interest you; don't read it. Certainly don't just stick a random picture of a motorcycle in a thread about a totally different subject: e.g.:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... llies.html

It's like a petulant child stamping his feet 'cos he's not getting enough attention.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

byewayrider wrote:

with you their Mike54....its strange how its mainly uk biking forums that have the "off topic" threads the huge ADV site has very little of this thing. Yes they get very anal about stuff but its still generally bike based or equipment and the euro section is very quite...

think its all the "people of a certain age" :woohoo: getting all Victor mildrew ish :P .

you read very little from young folks as mainly they are out havin a good time...im 55 bye the way and preping my bike for Africa in the spring lol..
Really? I think you will find ADV has at least 6 sections dedicated to non bike related chat including one called Jo Mama where it is basically a free for all. or a dodgy pub that you avoid going in. :whistle:
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

rlkat wrote:
If a subject in the 'PUB' section doesn't interest you; don't read it. Certainly don't just stick a random picture of a motorcycle in a thread about a totally different subject: e.g.:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... llies.html

It's like a petulant child stamping his feet 'cos he's not getting enough attention.
Thanks for highlighting that. Ive been through and deleted all deliberately off topic posts. Please do me a favor and report to moderators in the future as this type of thing is a direct breach of forum rules. We are growing as a forum and its hard to keep up with everything sometimes. (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”