Please don't troll topics you don't like.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
davsato

Re: Please don't troll topics you don't like.

Post by davsato »

Oh I just love memes, and there are plenty on this subject, eg-
13-gordo-granudo-no-i-cant-go-to-bed-mom-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg
13-gordo-granudo-no-i-cant-go-to-bed-mom-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg (29.66 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
bunny-expert.jpg
bunny-expert.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
tumblr_inline_n5clt4vx8k1r64lal.png
tumblr_inline_n5clt4vx8k1r64lal.png (268.06 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
11143324_511680262324747_1558666872836141898_n.jpg
11143324_511680262324747_1558666872836141898_n.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
af.jpg
af.jpg (30.53 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
Dave
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Throttled wrote:Troll covers many definitions; Wikipedia

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

I have made it clear by troll I am referring to people who have gone onto threads they do not like to disrupt them. I don't mean just that the topic is not to their liking, but also the way the thread is progressing.

If you or anyone else does not want to be called a troll, please stay out of threads that you do not like.
None of my posts match your definitions of trolling.

I was interested in the thread, and was active in the debate, until I felt unable to post anymore because BD replied to every sentence with a paragraph of diatribe designed to overwhelm people into submission because it takes so much time to reply. A trolling tactic.

I resumed my posts complaining about his trolling because I saw a behaviour which IMO was unacceptable on this forum, so I felt compelled to speak out against it as freedom of speech gives me the right to do.

Finally, it's not up you to say what, when or where I can post my opinions, and I will continue to post wherever and whenever I see fit, so long as my post is within the forum rules.

I'm afraid your just going to have to live with that, just as you'll have to live with the thread being locked. If you have an issue and you think I'm trolling in future, feel free to use the report to moderator button.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

picos mestizo wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
The Sarge wrote:Strangely, the posts I find most irritating are those from people purporting to have technical knowledge on a topic, when clearly they have none!
You can add to that, people who have a negative opinion on a bike they've never owned or ridden..
I've never owned or ridden a Chinese bike but I have plenty of well found negative opinions about them formulated by just looking at them.
If I rode one, which there is no chance of i'd probably have a lot more. :whistle:
Bang on. Best not read any magazines or watch any motoring TV programmes either then because they all comment on new vehicles that haven't been released yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
KtmRy

Post by KtmRy »

Treadtrader wrote:
sprintster wrote:I've never noticed a pre-view button and I didn't think you could delete a post by using the edit button. :unsure: :blush:
The two pre view buttons are on the right on the line above the emoctions.

You can't delete a post, only a mod can, but if a pic dosen't load then edit the post and try again, instead, as some do, by reposting multiple times.
Where is this mysterious preview button??? this is all i have below... and ive not been able to upload 1 picture since the forum "upgraded"
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

I have made it clear by troll I am referring to people who have gone onto threads they do not like to disrupt them. I don't mean just that the topic is not to their liking, but also the way the thread is progressing.

If you or anyone else does not want to be called a troll, please stay out of threads that you do not like.
This may appear twice, posted through Tapatalk but it didn't seem to post.

I did like the thread and was active in the debate until BD turned it into a slagging match.

I felt compelled to speak up about his trolling as I thought the behaviour was unacceptable. Freedom of speech gives me the right to speak up when I think something is wrong.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

-Ralph- wrote:

This may appear twice, posted through Tapatalk but it didn't seem to post.

I did like the thread and was active in the debate until BD turned it into a slagging match.

I felt compelled to speak up about his trolling as I thought the behaviour was unacceptable. Freedom of speech gives me the right to speak up when I think something is wrong.

It's not up to you to tell me when, where or why I can post on the forum, and I'll continue to do so as I see fit. You'll have to live with that I'm afraid, just as you have to live with the thread being locked. If you think any of my posts in future are trolling posts then please click the report to moderator button.
Just checking that it posted this time
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

KtmRy wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:
sprintster wrote:I've never noticed a pre-view button and I didn't think you could delete a post by using the edit button. :unsure: :blush:

You can't delete a post, only a mod can, but if a pic dosen't load then edit the post and try again, instead, as some do, by reposting multiple times.
Where is this mysterious preview button??? this is all i have below... and ive not been able to upload 1 picture since the forum "upgraded"
On the far right of all the icons are the window frame shaped icons, put your curser over them and one is preview right and one is preview below.
Click on either and you will get a preview of your post, if your happy with it then post it.
Its always been beyond me why it rarely seems to be used on here.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

It's removing a thread from your my topics that I'm still struggling with.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

See not a lot has changed on here :laugh:
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Zookman wrote:
KtmRy wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:

On the far right of all the icons are the window frame shaped icons, put your curser over them and one is preview right and one is preview below.
Click on either and you will get a preview of your post, if your happy with it then post it.
Its always been beyond me why it rarely seems to be used on here.
Maybe because a lot of us on here a computer illiterate old farts! If it doesn't say "pre-view button" with a big,red flashing arrow pointing at it how am I supposed to know it's there!!! :laugh:

Return to “THE PUB”