Moto GP Sepang - SPOILER ALERT !!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
boboneleg

Moto GP Sepang - SPOILER ALERT !!!

Post by boboneleg »

So what do you reckon then?

I am a huge Rossi fan but that was out of order, I think he's got away with it lightly with the penalty they've given him.

Still, it should make the Valencia race very, very interesting.
one-legged adventurer
Flymo308

Re: Moto GP Sepang - SPOILER ALERT !!!

Post by Flymo308 »

Hi what was the penalty...
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Start at the back of the grid and yes, I think he's got off lightly.

I'm glad I decided to blow extra cash on our tickets for Valencia because it's the wife's birthday but now I need to buy a Rossi shirt to wear in the VIP box (thumbs)
Flymo308

Post by Flymo308 »

Thanks and yes he has, its going to an exciting race wish I was going have fun☺
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Got off lightly for sure.

Comparisons already being made between this and the Capriossi / Harada incident back in the late 90's.

One things for sure - Valencia will be epic and fingers crossed we should also get to see a British GP champion - at last !! Little buggers dragging it out though :pinch:
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

I think Marquez was just as much to blame, but I don't think Rossi intended to bring him down..
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I think Rossi is God but he's got form when it comes to being a bit dirty on the track if he feels someone isn't showing him the respect he thinks he's due.

Gibernau, Melandri, Biaggi, Stoner just to pick the high profile ones have all copped it from him but he still thinks he can do what he likes which is why I think he's got off lightly.

Which rider is leaving Yamaha because it's going to be difficult to keep both of them in the same team after this?
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Just watched the laps leading up to 'the incident' again - there was either something not quite 100% with Marquez bike or he was toying with Rossi - a few times you can see MM pass VR, run a little wide and then VR would take a tight line to pass MM - basically slowing the pace down. Once past VR the Honda didn't seem to get out of the corner quite as quick as it usually does.

Not that it would ever be released but I would love to see the data from MM's bike comparing those laps with VR to some laps in practice and qualifying - I think if Honda did that and the data was the same or very very similar then they could honestly say there was no sandbagging going on.

What happens now in Valencia? If MM is in front of Lorenzo will he let him past if it means Lorenzo winning the championship?

One things for sure - if MM still has any VR posters on his bedroom wall they won't be there for much longer :S
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

AndyB wrote:Start at the back of the grid and yes, ............
Also a 3 point penalty. So he is now 4 points in front of Lorenzo (I think !!)

I am a fan of all 3 riders and I am saddened to see Rossi let himself down after such a brilliant career.

It is a sad day for bike racing.

I have watched the vids in slo-mo several times and I recon VR kneed MM in the head. :unsure:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Haven`t seen the race but knew the result, will watch tomorrow and make my mind up but I did wonder how long it would be before those two clashed :whistle:

Return to “THE PUB”