Post by johnnyboxer »

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]aSZJ9tU5U9U[/video]
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Sleepy

Re: Does it make you tingle?

Post by Sleepy »

I'm one of those weirdos that never saw the attraction of road going two strokes.. :ohmy:

Horrible tinny sound, and no engine braking to speak of, not to mention the clouds of smoke from badly tuned examples.

However, I realise I'm in the minority and that some peeps love 'em.

Edit to add.. I do like the smell of Castrol 'R' though... (thumbs)
Trev

Post by Trev »

Rode my '78 Suzuki X7 into work today as we finish early on a Friday and office smells of Silkolene two stroke from my gear, for first half hour people asking 'what's that smell?' - lovely (thumbs)
X7spannies.jpg
X7spannies.jpg (86.8 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Must update that pic, now wears piggy back shocks (that actually have some damping!), rebuilt motor and chain that doesn't slap the swinging arm - same crappy front brake though :ohmy:
V_King

Post by V_King »

Sleepy wrote:I'm one of those weirdos that never saw the attraction of road going two strokes.. :ohmy:

Horrible tinny sound, and no engine braking to speak of, not to mention the clouds of smoke from badly tuned examples.

However, I realise I'm in the minority and that some peeps love 'em.

Edit to add.. I do like the smell of Castrol 'R' though... (thumbs)
am in a same boat as you. even though used to own, race and enjoy riding one, still prefer 4t and don't really understand the attraction to them :)
""
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I love them (thumbs)

I took my H2 on the Distinguished Gentlemens Ride and on the way home stopped for fuel, while I was paying a group of 4 bikes pulled up at the Little Thief by the petrol station and when I started the bike all heads instantly swivelled to see what was making all the noise :)

I've got Higgspeed GP expansion chambers on it now and it really does sound like a period race bike.
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

when I smell that two stroke smell it always reminds me of when I had my rd250e when I was 17 years old,good memory's.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I use to regularly go up to Blackpool to do a delivery to firm close to Blackpool college at Bispham.
One day while I'm there I hear the familiar sound of a 2T kettle being fired up in the industrial unit next door, and the waft of castrol R catches my nose, so as soon as I can I go take a look. It turns out that the guys in the unit manufacture bespoke 2T stainless exhaust systems onsite, and the unit is an Aladdins cave is full of classic 2 strokes, and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Earlier this summer my wife took her RS250 out for a spin on a Sunday and it ended with a pint and a dinner in a pub by a canal.

I nearly fell over laughing at the venom poured out by an irate woman who thought the 2 stroke smoke screen was going to kill the children in the pub garden :whistle:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Peirre wrote:I use to regularly go up to Blackpool to do a delivery to firm close to Blackpool college at Bispham.
One day while I'm there I hear the familiar sound of a 2T kettle being fired up in the industrial unit next door, so as soon as I can I go take a look. It turns out that the guys in the unit manufacture bespoke 2T stainless exhaust systems onsite, and the unit is an Aladdins cave is full of classic 2 strokes, and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop
That'll be Higgspeed where the chambers for my 750 came from, he'll make expansion chambers for any 2 stroke you throw at him.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

That's the fella, seeing the bikes there took me back to when I had a GT250A

Return to “THE PUB”