Bikes : How many?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Bikes : How many?

Post by johnnyboxer »

is too many or how many do you need?

I think I have too many, but can't work out the perfect strategy - I'm kinda stuck like a check-mate position, unable to go forward and maybe scared to go back

Having just one bike, makes life a lot easier I expect (thumbs)

What works for you?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
beddowsm

Re: Bikes : How many?

Post by beddowsm »

Most Ive had is 3, a 450, a 660 and a 950. Thought Id covered all bases. But 450 recently went due to lack of use. 660 will soon follow.

The only bike I want or ever need, for any type of riding, is my KTM 950 SE. Ace bike. Ticks all boxes. Will do anything.
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

I've owned 3 or 4 bikes at several points. Always found though that u generally
rode one bike more than all the others put together. So now I am down to a single
bike for the first time in years. Makes it easier to remember when tax/insurance
etc is due
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The ideal number of bikes is always one more than you own (thumbs)

I currently own 6 and my wife owns 5 but with a bit of luck one of hers will go tomorrow when someone comes to view her Triumph Sprint.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

We both have one bike with two sets of wheels each and a van (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)

BMW 650 X bikes
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

3 at the moment but I want another one, no lets rephrase that need another one.
And this is how I justify it to her indoors :whistle:

The Bimota YB11, well thats a classic and will be worth a few quid one day honest
The ZZR1400, well for those quick (and i mean quick :evil: ) trips over to France or to the BSB and back in a day.
Then there the Triumph Explorer - Well thats for weekends away and touring but its too big for the green lanes (remember this is my excuse to the wife, the real reason is Im just not that good or confident to use it on anything more than fire tracks and gravel roads :silly: :S )

And there in lies the theory for a new stable mate, I need a DR350 or similar to go on the lanes. Sexisi and a couple of the lads on this forum were kind enough to show me a couple of novice tracks last year and I had great fun but I dropped the Explorer and its a bit expensive to fix and its not paid off yet... :pinch:

So someone tell me I dont have a good reason for another bike (thumbs)
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

I had 5 earlier this year, currently down to 3, hopefully soon 2 but anything could happen !!
(thumbs)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

beddowsm wrote:Most Ive had is 3, a 450, a 660 and a 950. Thought Id covered all bases. But 450 recently went due to lack of use. 660 will soon follow.

The only bike I want or ever need, for any type of riding, is my KTM 950 SE. Ace bike. Ticks all boxes. Will do anything.
Interesting, Mike...........if the trail gets gnarly - will the Super Enduro be ok?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Currently there's 5 in the garage but one is for sale.

My 'everyday bike' 800GS, it does most things I need, long distance, commuting and a bit of off road.

The one that's for sale - an XT660R - I bought for a trip to South America which it was perfect for but can't really justify having it next to the 800GS.

A triumph Daytona 955i - I used to have one of these when they came out new 15 years ago and then last year this one came up on eBay and I put in a low bid and won it :blink: - so its my sunny day hooning bike.

An Aprilia RS250 - I bought this as a bit of an investment as I was fed up with the money sat in an ISA making next to nothing so I bought this - I used to race one years ago and this one is 100% original and in mint condition with less than 3,000 miles on it - and over the last 2 years 250 two strokes have been going up in value - so iv'e got something I can enjoy on a lovely sunny Sunday and its not costing me any money (thumbs)

And last - but by no means least as I love riding it is my Vespa ET4 - 125cc scooter. This is my pop to the shops, mates, beach etc Its so handy for darting around on I love it.

For me its pretty much my perfect garage - between them they cover every thing I want to do - but saying that I'd love to add an original 916 to the stable B)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Three.

Two that work, one of which can be worked on and broken whilst the other is good. And a project that might work one day.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

Return to β€œTHE PUB”