Wanker / Bitch...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
vacant_space

Wanker / Bitch...

Post by vacant_space »

Thought about this now I'm at home and switched off, now I'm fucking fuming again!

Cut a long story short, I ride to work through my town, 12 or so miles each way and there's temp traffic lights about in the first mile and a half of my ride, that lead up to a mini-roundabout where you can go straight ahead, or left (no right turn - it's a wall!)

There's been some roadworks there all week on a 30MPH road, OK so the commuters have to slow their cars, and wait for the lights to change so they can move on a bit, and go over the painted on mini roundabout...

I'm fine and OK to filter along about 8 cars - it's a wide enough road and I'm either on, or inside my side of the line, slow moving and I'm filtering past my previously-mentioned wanker or bitch in a burgundy shiny car who, I guess doesn't like me slowly filtering up to the mini roundabout before the temp lights, appears to take issue with me "cheating" and getting ahead, and all I see is their car actually steering towards me and what looks like an angry attempt to push me into the small concrete triangle direction post island that leads up to the mini roundabout!

I see their big bloody car trying to butt me into it, so I braked, calmly coz I'm filtering at like, 5 MPH, and stopped before I was forced into the bollard - I'm still on the white line, loads of room either lane each side. Then a 10, 15 second blare from their car horn, like "fuck off mate - I'm first in the queue!"

Some people, honestly!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
ratass

Re: Wanker / Bitch...

Post by ratass »

Used to get that most days till I fitted the race pipe to the 650 now they stay away :evil:
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

Get a few of them too... All ya can do is chill out an rise above it.

Its only when they try to kill me that i get hot an bothered now
skipper

Post by skipper »

Unfortunately there are more and more people with this attitude, its greed that seems to come with modern materialism -in consolation he or she probably has a miserable life.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Cross over at the back and ride down the other side, opening the boot and folding in the passenger side mirror while your passing.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Hearing a huge beep while filtering may have been something similar today. The fecker that because he'd decided to indicate made it fine to cut across me (2 lanes) to turn left had me:angry: I had to jump the kerb to avoid, I wasn't even undercutting....I was just there. Thankfully no pedestrians to hit but took the shine off my day :(
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
IainD

Post by IainD »

I have to say this post cheered me up, not because of the idiot driver, but the fact that we all get this, day in, day out, and still get on our bikes.

The only thing I have to complain about today was the fact that the BBC seem to have used a Tombola to randomly pick the weather forecast.

Today was supposed to be overcast and dry. It Pi$$ed down most of the day. They are pretty good at getting it wrong, seems to be most days.
Heff

Post by Heff »

Let's face it, there are loads of them out there.

The ones who take offence obviously have no idea we can legally filter when safe to do so (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
V_King

Post by V_King »

IainD wrote:....

The only thing I have to complain about today was the fact that the BBC seem to have used a Tombola to randomly pick the weather forecast.

Today was supposed to be overcast and dry. It Pi$$ed down most of the day. They are pretty good at getting it wrong, seems to be most days.
are you sure you are looking at the forecast in the right side of the country? :laugh: unless it is somewhere on the west coastline as sea weather is never easy to predict :unsure:
""
bull

Post by bull »

just keep on going down the road and forget about it,

anyway, that's my view

Return to “THE PUB”