Fuel tank ranges?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
herman

Re: Fuel tank ranges?

Post by herman »

I measure mine in paces now. :laugh: or 50mls with the standard tank and 75 with the biggy on. (exc 200)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Taz1071

Post by Taz1071 »

R1100GS about 220 but down to 200 if I'm being a pillock.

I used to get 50 out of my KTM200exc too but have just gone back to standard gearing (14-45) and it's up to around 75 ish now. It's not helped by the fact that I spend a lot of time on my arse or picking it up and they just love to be thrashed!!

Also got an Enfield 500T and that will do around 200 to the tank but that's less than 13 litres to reserve. Unfortunately never seems to run long enough to drain the tank but I do love it:P !
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

I've done 300 miles before switching to reserve on my TTR600, so probably could go 340ish. Not bad for a 20 litre tank, it's a frugal single and I'm not ashamed to admit that I ride like an old lady when the mood takes me.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
lmg

Post by lmg »

About 200miles to the tank on a FI Varadero XL1000
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

OB1

Post by OB1 »

I've had around 220 miles from the Tiger XC's tank on a long run but generally I get around 180 miles with the light coming on at 145ish.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

1200 GSA you get no more than 280/290 when caning her (85/90mph) or well over 320/340 when pootling...!!
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

I usually get 180ish from my lovely Bandit before the last bar starts flashing but I'd probably get more if I didn't practice my drag starts at all the lights and so on (need to practice for the Bulldog Bash RWYB).

Its a Bandit, that's what you're meant to ride them like. :S
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I always use this site to periodically calculate my exact MPG on my bikes and cars....

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/driving/dri ... alculator/

I always set my trip meter to zero whenever the reserve light comes on, then put in usually £15 or £20 of fuel depending on if its the car or bike. Then take the trip mileage when the fuel light comes on again and put the figure in this calculator. This will give you your exact MPG.

My Bandit 1250 never seems to go outside 45 - 48 MPG and it does get thrashed occasionally. But my Wee Strom's MPG can vary quite a lot between 50 - 62 MPG depending on how its ridden.
dash

Post by dash »

Zookman wrote: I always set my trip meter to zero whenever the reserve light comes on, then put in usually £15 or £20 of fuel depending on if its the car or bike. Then take the trip mileage when the fuel light comes on again and put the figure in this calculator. This will give you your exact MPG.
I'd be suspicious of that method, mainly because I know the point at which the fuel gauge starts flashing on my Tenere is incredibly variable. Other bikes may have less rubbish gauges, but I generally just brim the tank with the bike upright on level ground, reset the trip counter, use most of the tank then see how much it takes to brim it full again. I don't think the capacity of the tank changes significantly between fill-ups, but I know the fuel gauge does :D
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

Somewhere bestween 155 miles to +225 miles depending on how nice I ride and also different with luggage and wife than without.

Niklas

Return to “THE PUB”