The Green Party on Motorcycles

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
byway billy

Re: The Green Party on Motorcycles

Post by byway billy »

thanks for that Zappa, mental note to self. next time i see them canvassing i will have a word.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I doubt if the Green Party will be doing door to door canvassing in Bedford but if they do I'll make a point of showing them our bike collection and pointing out the three 2 stroke motorcycles we own between my wife and I :)
moto al

Post by moto al »

Mul001 wrote:Just fired this off ... I'll hold my breath to save some CO2 while I wait for a reply.

Chrz Mul

[email protected]

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have just read with interest paragraph TR322 of your Transport manifesto.

I would like to review the citations referring to published independent statistics which back up the alleged claim that ... For the safety of other users, the Green Party does not feel it appropriate for motorcyclists to be able to use any priority measures put in for pedestrians and cyclists, including those shared with public transport.

As a considerate motorcycle user of circa 20yrs plus I have direct relevant experience; that contrary to your policy the use of such priority measures do not have a deleterious effect on others and therefore far from any perceived threat to others this policy would have the direct effect of actually decreasing the safety of motorcyclists. Policy TR322 is thus flawed and should therefore be revoked.

I look forward to an early reply.

Regards
good uno .Mul . I hope you told them you were a nuclear physicist .... Cheers bud ,see you for some w/camping . Regards Al (thumbs)
moto al
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

W@nkers
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

These people know they will never get into power. They stand in the hope they can get at least one candidate into Parliament so they can spout their bollocks on a large platform.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
AustinW

The Green Party on Motorcycles

Post by AustinW »

Yep, little more than a protest group masquerading as a serious party. Nearly every aspect of their manifesto that I have seen is lunacy and would take the UK back up the dark ages and kill off millions of people through starvation. Complete lunatics. UKIP would be better and they are loons too.
chico

Post by chico »

Zappa wrote:A small extract taken from their current transport manifesto. But the rest is worth a read too.

Motorcycles

TR320 Smaller, low powered motorcycles are generally preferable to cars (especially those with a single occupant) as they take up less road space and are more economic consumers of fuel. However, the Green Party does not wish to see increased use of motorcycles because they emit pollution and noise and can endanger road users. The aim is to encourage much less use of high powered machines and for low powered machines to offer an alternative for those who currently use these or cars and could not transfer to more sustainable modes.

TR321 The Green Party would take measures to encourage a transfer of motor cycle manufacture and use from larger, powerful machines to less powerful ones including scooters and mopeds. These would include setting and enforcing strict noise limits and, for higher powered machines, speed limiters.

TR322 For the safety of other users, the Green Party does not feel it appropriate for motorcyclists to be able to use any priority measures put in for pedestrians and cyclists, including those shared with public transport.

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/tr.html

but they are not saying anything radical here....pretty moderate I thought....with bikes approaching the 200hp mark.....it says , they will encourage lower power bikes as well as scooters etc

I wonder what the other parties have in mind....including ukip :laugh:
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

Be warned. The rise of Ukip shows that the game can change pretty quickly especially as we have a power vacuum in many country,s at the moment. They could potentially hold the balance of power and thus some of their policies could be adopted if they go into a coalition as the libdems did last time. Well done to the previous poster who has contacted them and try to educate......if we all did it!
skipper

Post by skipper »

just watched them on the evening news-god forbid that such a bunch could have any power
SteveC10

Post by SteveC10 »

They are the extreme loony left party who seem to think perceived global warming will go away if they tax us more.

What they say is irrelevant because they will never have any mandate to put their bonkers ideas into law.

Return to “THE PUB”