You Total Tw#t

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Freeloadeur

You Total Tw#t

Post by Freeloadeur »

Flicking through this week's edition of MCN, I stumbled across this email in their legal advice section.

[center]
2015-02-0907.54.37.jpg
2015-02-0907.54.37.jpg (53.95 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
[/center]

What is it with these people? You were riding in winter for f#ck's sake, there's a good chance there'll be ice, somewhere, at some point. The weather forecast on the TV goes out of its way to warn of ice, snow, slippy f#cking roads.

So you didn't watch the forecast? Didn't think "Brrr, by eck it's chilly" as you stepped out to your bike, and turned your heated grips up to 11? Didn't contemplate taking the bus, or riding well within the limits of the wintery conditions, keeping your eyes peeled for possible sites where black ice can appear? No, you just got on, rode off, fell off and now it's all someone else's fault for not gritting, not putting a slippy road warning sign down.

I tell you, if I'd have been your witness, I'd have bitch-slapped you into next week and then come next week I'd have bitch-slapped you again, not supplied my name and address to help you sue the council.

Take some f#cking responsibility for your own f#cking actions for once.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Redmurty

Re: You Total Tw#t

Post by Redmurty »

Perhaps he should sue god, he might of just been after a bite but I doubt it :pinch:

It's always someone else's fault :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I agree with you whole heartedly, if you cant read the road and assess conditions and act appropriately you shouldn't be allowed on a bike. Even learners training for their test are taught to check conditions.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Quite agree! A good friend of mine hit a black cow on an unlit mountain road on a cloudy night. Smashed up the bike but luckily only cuts and bruises. He enquired as to the likelihood of bringing a claim against the Council or farmer.

Solicitor's advice?

" It was a country road crossing a common. You crossed a cattle grid, you saw the signs for farm animals; these animals have been here for thousands of years before roads and cars came along and it was reasonable to expect to come across farm animals in the countryside-no chance!"
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

sorry to see it ..but we are all turning towards american values
Mawnanian

Post by Mawnanian »

Anyone can hit a patch of ice, but it's his attitude that gets me. Instead of taking the lesson and being more cautious in future he pursues a claim which, if successful, will put up insurance premiums for the rest of us, twat.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Totally. We all have times when we're not 100% focused, we'll think it's ok to ride when maybe it isn't, or that we're more capable than we are. We get caught out, we have accidents.

What riles me is the ambulance chasing where-there's-a-blame-there's-a-claim, no-win-no-fee attitude. Maybe, if you bring a claim, and lose that claim there should be a fee.

Maybe the council should come round, ride your bike, and take your girlfriend on a romantic mini-break to the Mediterranean island of Formenterra just to show you what a tw#t you've been.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Trev

Post by Trev »

[quote
Maybe the council should come round, ride your bike, and take your girlfriend on a romantic mini-break to the Mediterranean island of Formenterra just to show you what a tw#t you've been.[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

What was the reply ?
talljohn

Post by talljohn »

Can't find a solicitor on a "no win no fee basis" presumably, surprise surprise. Of course, if he really thinks his case is valid, he should pay up front.

No win no fee is just a vehicle for milking legal aid budget, and who pays for that in the end.

Return to “THE PUB”