beers as in what do you drink?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AndyB

beers as in what do you drink?

Post by AndyB »

Where else would you post about beer but in the pub?

Now my favourite tipple is real ale but if there's none available I'll drink Stella rather than that horrible John Smiths stuff some places call bitter so what does everyone else favour?

My wife signed me up to a thing called beer 52 where every month you get about a dozen bottles sent in a cardboard box and that's all well and good but they seem to like sending stronger beers in silly little half pint bottles and though they're all pretty decent beers I'm not really into beers that are in the 7-8% range so it's a bit of a chore drinking some of them.

Right now I've just opened a bottle of the weakest they sent this month and it's a nice little 5.2% called Oppigards Golden Ale from Sweden. Not bad but I wouldn't want to spend all night in a pub pouring it down my neck in case I wobbled when the fresh air hit me ;)
Treadtrader

Re: beers as in what do you drink?

Post by Treadtrader »

First off, I prefer to drink a beer in a good pub rather than at home, always nice to have a cold one in the garden after a hot sunny day of course.

Summertime it'll be Stella or cider as cold as possible.

Winter and I'm looking at the bar for a nice bitter, usually safe with what's popular with the locals.
My local has Bank,s mild on draft, what me Dad drank, so I have a couple often.

Not too fond of strong real ales that leave a taste in the mouth.

Indian beer with a curry is a given. (thumbs)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Great topic, when I was young I used to hunt out the strongest beer I could find but these days I can't take the strong stuff so much. I drink quickly and a lot so I go for weaker ales with a strong hoppy flavour.

As I live in Somerset I like cider in the summer. I also (and don't tell anyone) quite enjoy a fosters on sunny afternoons.

When home in Suffolk I like St Peter's and the excellent Green Jack's Orange Wheat.

I got some Old Hoppy Hen this week which was just right too :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
shed

Post by shed »

Im a stella man. (thumbs)
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

I dont drink anymore :blush:

But back then when i had the odd beer i have found the best one in the world , everything else is a piss water compared to it -

KOZEL from czech republic B)
sid.

Post by sid. »

To quote the "macc lads" ( anyone remember them?) - you are what you drink and i'm a bitter man.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Stella,is that not nicknamed wife beater?. My local is just about 300yrs from my house,also theirs a very posh hotel 100yrs away called one Devonshire gds,one Monday,winters early evening I popped in for a pint with my friend tony,the bar was deserted,apart from one guy who started to chat to us ,it turned out out it was David soul, re starkly & hutch fame,when I returned home I related the story to jan my wife. Her words was he drinking Stella.yes.! why! He,s been locked up for kicking the merd oot his wife. Ps in the same boozer if seen Bob Dylan ,Joan Collins. I know who gives a f**k. :blink: He he al (thumbs)
moto al
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

sid. wrote:To quote the "macc lads" ( anyone remember them?) - you are what you drink and i'm a bitter man.
Do remember the Macc Lads, wasn't their favorite "Bodingtons", personally I prefere a Baileys over crushed ice, but If I can't get that a good ruby ale like Hobgoblin goes down a treat. I was up in Whitby over the weekend every pub just about sells cask ale, the Black sheep went down well but do prefere something a bit darker. Dont realy like anthing over about 5 %
Silverfox990

Post by Silverfox990 »

I used to like drinking the cream flow beers, worthy/caffrey's etc. didn't mine the real ales on the pump either.
Being from South Wales and supporting the local breweries, on a rugby international day out in cardiff I would drink Brains SA.
But for the last 4 years or so I havnt been able to drink beer, just gone right off it.
My prefered drink now is cider, preferably Strong Bow brewed in Hereford, I like to drink this flat and at room temperature (very odd I here you say) well each to there own and it goes down easyer without the bubbles.
At the minute I'm in Mexico and there so called beer of choice is corona (isn't that larger?)
And So with no cider in sight I've been drinking monitor's and tequila's :woohoo:
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Old Speckled Hen, Abbots Ale, Wells Banana Bread Beer, Guinness and Murphys are my top tipples.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”