Ebay buyer scam.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
davsato

Re: Ebay buyer scam.

Post by davsato »

I used to sell quite a bit on eBay until you now lose 20% to eBay and PayPal, and the seller has no rights or comeback at all, can't even give negative feedback
Dave
Bikemad

Post by Bikemad »

Agreed with many comments Iv had fair share of wasters,many items Iv sold esp inc bikes that are brought for cash or bank transfer are sold as seen & eBay cannot have comeback on these transactions.

A friend brought a camper van on eBay which wasn't as described paid cash then realised its a lemon,he took the guy to small claims but still never got anything out of him.

Ebays got too big & greedy I can't understand how they get away with 10% from your postage rate ? but then again Iv sold things for a lot more money than I thought cos eBay reaches out to 1000s of buyers.
Angel

Post by Angel »

I've sort of given up with eBay. Just can't be bothered with the people who bid and then don't complete. Or the ones that bid and turn up with about 90% of the money and say it's all they have got.

If it's a vehicle I tend to use Car and Classic
Car and Classic link
Don't let the web name put you off, you can use it for any vehicle not just cars and not just classics. It's free to list, there are no selling fees. Google searches seem to pick up adverts from them, so your bike will be seen even if people don't go to Car and Classics direct. I have used it a few times, and it has worked very well for me.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

I sold a Citroen C3 as a Non-runner and Spares and repairs clearly stating that it would have to be towed or put on a trailer, so after a week of no contact from the winning bidder after sending several messages, get a text from the wining bidder saying he had to go to a family party so couldn't collect, so I asked him when he would collect, he said ' I should re-list the car ' so I explained to him that it was no longer my car and I had no right to sell it, didn't hear anything more from the buyer.
So you can imagine his surprise when I turned up at his house with the car, oh the power of Google, people leave such a big footprint...
After 5 minutes at his house explaining the way ebay works, left with my money and the delivery charge, yep I hate time wasters ;) .
Angel

Post by Angel »

Stewie wrote:I sold a Citroen C3 as a Non-runner and Spares and repairs clearly stating that it would have to be towed or put on a trailer, so after a week of no contact from the winning bidder after sending several messages, get a text from the wining bidder saying he had to go to a family party so couldn't collect, so I asked him when he would collect, he said ' I should re-list the car ' so I explained to him that it was no longer my car and I had no right to sell it, didn't hear anything more from the buyer.
So you can imagine his surprise when I turned up at his house with the car, oh the power of Google, people leave such a big footprint...
After 5 minutes at his house explaining the way ebay works, left with my money and the delivery charge, yep I hate time wasters ;) .
Fantastic, best eBay outcome I've heard in a while. Brilliant.
James1979

Post by James1979 »

Angel wrote:
Stewie wrote:I sold a Citroen C3 as a Non-runner and Spares and repairs clearly stating that it would have to be towed or put on a trailer, so after a week of no contact from the winning bidder after sending several messages, get a text from the wining bidder saying he had to go to a family party so couldn't collect, so I asked him when he would collect, he said ' I should re-list the car ' so I explained to him that it was no longer my car and I had no right to sell it, didn't hear anything more from the buyer.
Fantastic, best eBay outcome I've heard in a while. Brilliant.
+1 (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”