poll - living in Britain

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
GOG 007

Re: poll - living in Britain

Post by GOG 007 »

moto al wrote:Hi I love living in Scotland , 2 categories . Good ,& bad.1. I like from living a hoose ,within 30 mins I can be in wild wilderness , and safe for wild camping,2 nice people who have time to talk, and help, 3 quite roads ,. In summer long light days. 4 . ,am very lucky living in I a house in a very nice area , which would cost mega down south,that's just by luck. Not be design.5 great local very friendly pubs restaurant ,s within a 10 min walk.now zee bad things . No 1.sometimes .

shite weather , two many folk , and caravans in the summer . and midges , sorry I can't think anymore bad things. In life it's down to quality .and I think yae canny beat Scotland . Al ps please keep it a secret , & sit safe. Al (thumbs)
image_2014-02-25-9.jpg
Utopia .he he
You have midges that are a pain in the arse, we have those other parasites Pikees that are equally a pain in the area ! Nicking, fly tipping and breeding, now there is an argument for sterilisation ?
moto al

Post by moto al »

GOG 007 wrote:
moto al wrote:Hi I love living in Scotland , 2 categories . Good ,& bad.1. I like from living a hoose ,within 30 mins I can be in wild wilderness , and safe for wild camping,2 nice people who have time to talk, and help, 3 quite roads ,. In summer long light days. 4 . ,am very lucky living in I a house in a very nice area , which would cost mega down south,that's just by luck. Not be design.5 great local very friendly pubs restaurant ,s within a 10 min walk.now zee bad things . No 1.sometimes .

shite weather , two many folk , and caravans in the summer . and midges , sorry I can't think anymore bad things. In life it's down to quality .and I think yae canny beat Scotland . Al ps please keep it a secret , & sit safe. Al (thumbs)
image_2014-02-25-9.jpg
Utopia .he he
great idea re sterilisation .only prob it would have to a very ,very small needle for the midges???????????????al ;)

You have midges that are a pain in the arse, we have those other parasites Pikees that are equally a pain in the area ! Nicking, fly tipping and breeding, now there is an argument for sterilisation ?
moto al
spasm

Post by spasm »

ide move to the south of france tomorrow, but i just cant leave my family and kids
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

I live in Co Durham,ive lived here all my life and i used to hate the place when i was growing up here as a bairn,i always thought it was too quiet and boring,newcastle is only 13 miles to the east and we always felt that that was where all the action was.How things have changed though,since reaching middle age,i see this place completely different from all those years ago and now im extremely proud of it.Not only do i have one of the least populated parts of the Pennines on my doorstep,i also have at my disposal the Durham,Tees,Tyne & Wear Dales to play in,but we are also ideally placed for what i feel is some of the best parts of the UK.An hour and a half ride north via the amazing A68,its like a tarmac rollercoaster with some serious crests :woohoo: your at the Scottish border.
Then,the lake district is only an hour away to the west with all its beauty and challenging passes and just over an hour heading south we have the Yorkshire dales and moors so i can't think of anywhere else id like to be located for my interests.

:)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

GOG 007 wrote:
I Absolutely agree 100% that we need to bring in a sterilisation program.

I'd sterilise every racist stereotyping bigot that walks the face of the earth. The last person that wanted to sterilise what you describe as Pikees (you can't even spell it) was called Adolf Hitler but a lot of people seem to forget that fact.

Let's have a vote on who thinks we should live in a society that accepts racism and bigotry and who thinks there's no place for it.

That'll probably get me banned but really I'm past caring when I read things like that :sick:
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

AndyB wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:

I'd sterilise every racist stereotyping bigot that walks the face of the earth. The last person that wanted to sterilise what you describe as Pikees (you can't even spell it) was called Adolf Hitler but a lot of people seem to forget that fact.

Let's have a vote on who thinks we should live in a society that accepts racism and bigotry and who thinks there's no place for it.

That'll probably get me banned but really I'm past caring when I read things like that :sick:
I like Eccles cakes (thumbs)
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

special one wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:
special one wrote:Where are you from in Brum Dave?
Acocks green and Tyseley mate.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
My cousins are all from over there, severn road :)
Must be a rough lot from there. :laugh:

It actually says Solihull on my birth certificate, born in a pre-fab, remember them?
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:
AndyB wrote:
GOG 007 wrote:

I like Eccles cakes (thumbs)
So do I but they go stale really quickly and once that happens they're only fit for bird food.
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

I think Britain has very little to offer in terms of value for money for quality of life.

Good reasons chose to live in the U.K.

1. NHS - If you're broken. Free health care is a god send.
2. Great benefits if you're a baby machine / dole scum
3. Money to be made if you're a *anker. Or a Banker !
4. It is on a whole, Safe, honest and free.
5.History, culture, the arts...We do all right.

Reasons NOT to live in the U.K.

1. The weather is awful. Overcast, wet, miserable... Short summer and long winters. By far the biggest hatred for me. It depresses the shit out of me.
2. Expensive. You pay BIG money for small joys.
3. Tax, stealth tax, more tax, hidden car, big tax, little tax. Tax on tax.. etc etc
4. Congestion - It's a small Island with A lot of people. Every motorway is jammed and most roads are car parks. Green is turning grey and there is no 'real' wilderness left.
5. Small houses and small gardens unless you're minted.
6. House prices
7. Did I mention the weather..

If it wasn't for family and ageing parents I think I'd of been gone long ago.
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Must admit - I had to google the term Pikee..............

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/

Return to “THE PUB”