Is this a motorbike forum ???

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jelly

Re: Is this a motorbike forum ???

Post by Jelly »

I'll apologise publicly too LWR.

Usually when a post annoys me I don't jump straight in, it's best to leave it a bit and come back later most of the time.

But this time I failed. Sorry to one and all for use of the F word in my post. :blush:
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
kito

Post by kito »

Well sorry to say the wifi on the bus went last night so I couldn't give you anymore updates of the bus ride
kito

Post by kito »

So....I got off the bus in mancora and went to the pub. I couldn't find anyone there that wanted to talk about what chair to bring with me....gutted or what ?? Lol
But they did have this
image_2013-11-07.jpg
image_2013-11-07.jpg (49.06 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

LargeWayRound wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:WTF is this clique all about that's risen up in the last few days that says if your not riding an adventure your not worthy of comment on this forum. It's called "Adventure Bike Rider", not "I'm on an f*cking adventure 9 months of the year, therefore I'm a hero".

Some of us work for a living, pay mortgages, support families, and yes, for many that does mean sitting at a desk in front of a computer all day. For others that means building or making things. These people sitting in front of computers, or making things, are the ones that get bikes built, petrol & oil refined and shipped, ferrys running, and tyres made, without them you wouldn't be having any adventures.

There is nothing wrong with the life of the average man who works full time, and spends his spare time with his family. I'd guess the vast majority of riders on this forum ride through winter and do 10 times the annual mileage of your average Sunday warrior with a sports bike in the garage, and goes for mini adventures on his holidays whenever he gets the chance.

I fit the above mould, I like my life, I feel very privileged to have my life, and I DO NOT think it would be richer if I were riding around the planet on a motorbike and sleeping on my own in a tent every night.

If the forum isn't enough like the HUBB for you anymore then f*ck off, or try Visordown if you really wanna get pissed off by reading crap.

I totally agree .. Ralph (apart from your use of the f word).

And this thread is totally pointless ..

Someone else mentioned swear words .. And Rules .. etc ..

Just because this thread is in the *Pub* Section does not mean that member should think its ok to post the F word .. (I have added an * to all I could find on this thread). But I have to make a living in my own business and can't spend all my time editing peoples posts ..

Please everyone , try acting like adults , respect peoples opinions and have fun whilst on this forum.

There are plenty members on here that add a huge amount to making this forum what it is, great .
And of course on the other side of the coin , there are people who seem to want to bring this forum down to an argument fest, good luck with that !

LWR
LWR:
Just wondering: Is replacing the letter u with an * in the f-word the same as removing swear words, which forum members aren’t meant to use? Is telling a fellow forum member to f-off when they ask a genuine question treating somebody with respect and courtesy?

All:
Sure, people can ask and reply to whatever topics they want (within the forum rules?), but questioning whether there’s too much non-bike stuff on a bike forum seems a reasonable question. Or possibly I’m mistaken.

Telling the OP not to read these non-bike threads (or indeed to shuffle off elsewhere) is a bit disingenuous. Taking their own advice: Why do all the rude boys bother replying if they don’t like the topic? Maybe post some more pics of their wives/camping chairs instead.

I’ll take my hat (and camp chair).
-Ralph-

Re: Re: Is this a motorbike forum ???

Post by -Ralph- »

chrisuk wrote:Is telling a fellow forum member to f-off when they ask a genuine question treating somebody with respect and courtesy?

Or possibly I’m mistaken
It seems you may indeed be mistaken.

Where was a fellow forum member told to f-off?

All I said is if the forum isn't enough like the HUBB for anybody then they can f-off.

All Jelly said was f-off is one of three options any forum member could choose.

Which specific fellow forum member(s) did those apply to?

I can't answer that, only the individual forum member knows what option they want to choose, or whether the forum isn't enough like the HUBB for them.

Nobody was 'personally' told to f-off.

Or maybe your not mistaken at all and you know exactly whats going on.

I'm starting to think DNFTT is a very good bit of forum advice folks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

chrisuk wrote:
LWR:
Just wondering: Is replacing the letter u with an * in the f-word the same as removing swear words, which forum members aren’t meant to use? Is telling a fellow forum member to f-off when they ask a genuine question treating somebody with respect and courtesy?
Fair enough Chris , but removing all the swears would be a full time job .
Plus if we banned everyone for swearing there would be no members left (including myself (thumbs) ). :whistle:

I am just asking for a bit of restraint .

Some of the members here (On the whole forum , not just this thread) just need to act their age .. :laugh:
Heff

Post by Heff »

Jelly wrote:I'll apologise publicly too LWR.

Usually when a post annoys me I don't jump straight in, it's best to leave it a bit and come back later most of the time.

But this time I failed. Sorry to one and all for use of the F word in my post. :blush:

Jelly

At least you have the balls to make a public apology if you think you have screwed up, not that I was offended in any way (thumbs)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
johnnyboxer

Is this a motorbike forum ???

Post by johnnyboxer »

Storm in a tea cup
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

special one wrote:
Rhys wrote:Are you failing to spot the difference between 'the pub' which is off topic and the rest of the forum?
That's about the size of it, if you don't want to read it, don't read it, I don't, it is really that simple.

You don't go in to a library and read books that don't interest you do you?
Yes I do then I go straight to the counter and complain :evil:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Think I will start a new mag and forum, "Touring Talk only". Having read this thread nothing better to do as the Mrs is not talking to me at the moment :laugh: (thumbs) . I agree with some of the sentiment but I would also like to say that if only true ABR RTW hero's posted on here there would only be about 6 posters.
Life's a journey for all of us and if your the lucky few who roll of the dice has given the personality to be able to do a RTW trip and circumstances have allowed or you have been able manipulate your life's path to be able to do said RTW trip post your story and some pictures so the rest of us unworthy type and drool and dream.
Personally I think having kids is the biggest adventure anyone can undertake, and I talk from personal experience I found going to war easier and traveling is where I go and relax.
Just a Friday thought and I'll finish now as sitting in my tent in my camping chair in the living I'm getting cramp in my arse, I wonder why the Mrs is not talking to me :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”