Today I are mainly listening to ...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: Today I are mainly listening to ...

Post by daveuprite »

That's a nice looking collection, Banana. Mine's scattered all over the place, some of it still in boxes from our move to France 13 years ago! I've pretty much got everything digitally now, plus loads of CDs which I still play a lot. But I would never ever sell the vinyl. Tracie's nephew (26 yrs old) has absolutely no musical awareness whatsoever, so I was thinking of leaving it all to him in my will on the condition that he listens to a new album every day for the next 5 years or whatever. :D Poor sod...

I used to spend hours and hours in record shops like those. There was something about that right-handed index finger flip towards you as you skipped through the albums - almost gave me RSI ! And then there's the picture discs and the lovely double albums with internal photos and artwork. Roger Dean, Storm Thorgeson etc etc.

Albums were bloody great.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Thanks Dave, still need more though.
Record shops were great as you say, very few and far between now, though if i'm in Porthmadog i'll pop into Cob Records.
Roger Dean was on a Yes documentary the other night on Sky Arts. I once went to Storm Thorgeson's flat on Hampstead Hill back in my days of being a London despatch rider. Still got a poster behind where i took that photo from of the Ummagumma album cover.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well in that case, I suppose we really ought to...

Great cover:

simonw

Post by simonw »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:39 amRoger Dean was on a Yes documentary the other night on Sky Arts. I once went to Storm Thorgeson's flat on Hampstead Hill back in my days of being a London despatch rider. Still got a poster behind where i took that photo from of the Ummagumma album cover.
I once bumped into Steve Howe in the lift of the hotel I was staying in a couple of years ago. He was popping out for a fag! One of the nicest and most down to earth people I've met, and fascinating to talk to.
IanB

Post by IanB »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:39 am Thanks Dave, still need more though.
Record shops were great as you say, very few and far between now, though if i'm in Porthmadog i'll pop into Cob Records.
Roger Dean was on a Yes documentary the other night on Sky Arts. I once went to Storm Thorgeson's flat on Hampstead Hill back in my days of being a London despatch rider. Still got a poster behind where i took that photo from of the Ummagumma album cover.
Cob Records = Vinyl Heaven :) :) :)
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Started treating myself to a LP a month. This is my favourite PF album and money very well spent :)
IMG_20210207_214114_913.jpg
IMG_20210207_214114_913.jpg (149.43 KiB) Viewed 933 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

It's all been turned into a shopping centre and ultra luxury flats that no-one much wants apparently. And they didn't even include a pig in the development.

Did anyone else used to go to the monthly bike meet on Chelsea Bridge?
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Brenhden wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm Started treating myself to a LP a month. This is my favourite PF album and money very well spent
Saw the Floyd on that tour, 31st March 1977 at Stafford Bingley Hall. That and David Bowie the following year at the same venue on the Heroes tour were probably the best gigs i've been to.
daveuprite wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:22 pm
Did anyone else used to go to the monthly bike meet on Chelsea Bridge?
I often thought about it but after a day in the saddle and a couple of jays and a drink it all went out the window. 8-)
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

I walked into the house today and my youngest daughter was blasting out an acoustic version of Bohemian Rhapsody.

She shouted out “Guess who’s singing this dad?”

I scoffed and shouted “I don’t need to guess. It’s Freddie Mercury!”

I was wrong!

mark vb

Post by mark vb »

As a one-time trombonist, I've been listening to a fair bit of of Trombone Shorty of late - superb stuff, as per below 8-)

Return to “THE PUB”