Wind farms!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Manno

Wind farms!

Post by Manno »

It seems that everywhere I go that was remote and naturally beautiful has a bloody wind farm sited there nowadays. I hate them! Does anybody like the look of these inefficient eyesores?
Brenhden

Re: Wind farms!

Post by Brenhden »

Hey Manno,

Yes I do, although they are better placed off shore. They are more attractive than power stations and solar panels.

Bren.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
davsato

Post by davsato »

I like them from a distance, they remind me of kids windmills on top of sandcastles.
I wouldn't want to live near a farm though, the noise those things make! I've got nothing against solar panels either except they are ugly, if they did all new builds with 100% panel roofs nobody would notice
Dave
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Manno wrote:It seems that everywhere I go that was remote and naturally beautiful has a bloody wind farm sited there nowadays. I hate them! Does anybody like the look of these inefficient eyesores?
Blame the tree huggers :whistle:
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

AndyB wrote:
Manno wrote:It seems that everywhere I go that was remote and naturally beautiful has a bloody wind farm sited there nowadays. I hate them! Does anybody like the look of these inefficient eyesores?
Blame the tree huggers :whistle:
How about windmill huggers :laugh: :P
Sorry but I love to see them.
Stand under one(not on an icy day!) and feel its power and the noise its something else.
They look their best in dramatic locations, moorland ,sea etc. Only so many featureless fields I can look at
Attachments
385679_459415994105569_1157454157_n.jpg
385679_459415994105569_1157454157_n.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I don't mind seeing wind turbines (if they're working)and I can appreciate a need for them but if we hadn't been put in a position where it takes decades to get new nuclear power stations built, we can't build new coal burners, we've got no oil for oil burners and we're running out of gas for gas burners we might not need them.

We don't have the natural resources for either wave power or enough hydro-electric power stations to feed everyones desire for electricity yet when the power generating companies ask for life extensions on the old coal burners it's more often than not denied.

Stand by for yet more wind farms.
bull

Post by bull »

no i dont like them, we have few around here, but i rather see a few wind turbines being built in a scenic area than a big hotel and golf cource,

i rembember seeing thousands of wind turbines along the side of the highway when i was driving from san francisco to los angeles, amazing sight it was, i thought they looked pretty so i did :P
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

I rather see a big fan in the field than smelly coal burning mess , and i must be deaf as i struggle to hear the " noise " :whistle:
Phil

Post by Phil »

i like them too, there apart of the ever changing world.

When in devon last weekend i noticed a few fields of solar pannles, never seen that in this country before.
bull

Post by bull »

ZX Raziel wrote:I rather see a big fan in the field than smelly coal burning mess ,

:laugh: :laugh:

Return to β€œTHE PUB”