What's the most road miles you've done in a day?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
snaphappy

Re: What's the most road miles you've done in a day?

Post by snaphappy »

The longest for me was over 3 days each of a 1000km plus the 3rd day was over 24 hours riding to the Nordcap

the ride back made up for it, would I do it again, yes but only on my own.
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

pebble35

Post by pebble35 »

Did the RBLR 1000 back in 2011 on my 990 Adventure - accompanied by two mates, one an a KTM 955 Super Enduro, and the other on a KTM 950 Adventure with his wife riding pillion.

1,064 miles in 22 hours (18 hours riding, 4 hours stopped for fuel/lunch/sightseeing etc)

I am back for another go at the RBLR 1,000 in a few weeks but on a 125cc step through scooter ..........
James691

Post by James691 »

snaphappy wrote:The longest for me was over 3 days each of a 1000km plus the 3rd day was over 24 hours riding to the Nordcap

the ride back made up for it, would I do it again, yes but only on my own.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'd go with you Bruv. A strong lesson learnt on that ride.
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Barcelona Pat wrote:
drdaveboy wrote:820 miles back from Barcelona on a zx9r c2 couldn't do that now
Same here. And like you I don't think I could do it now... not on a bike. Did it yesterday in a car (lots of stuff to transport). Took me 23 hours door to door to south Wales... man, was that boring!
P
I was more impressed with your 14 mile ride over Wrynose and Hardknott .......... on a Cruiser! :woohoo: . Normally you have to go to the MotoGP to see brake discs glow like that ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
desertraider

Post by desertraider »

From the stella to Blyth in northumberland only stopping for fuel/piss chunnel breaks , miles couldn't bloody tell you. But my arse was knackin :blush:
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

London to Southampton, then followed the coast to Lands End, then back to London via the A303, on a Honda XL600LM, worked out around 620 miles
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

About 700-750miles. South of France to GY on a 97 VFR750. Set off at 0900 and got to GY at 0100 the following morning. Motorway all the way virtually. Wouldn't want to do it again really.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Stubox

Post by Stubox »

Lucca Italy to home on an S1000RR. 970 miles. Bet my wife and daughter I'd beat them home.......14 hrs it took I was quite tired, all the wife said as I fell in the door...your tea is cold :)

Stu

Edit, should add never ever again.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

James691 wrote:
Barcelona Pat wrote:
drdaveboy wrote:820 miles back from Barcelona on a zx9r c2 couldn't do that now
Same here. And like you I don't think I could do it now... not on a bike. Did it yesterday in a car (lots of stuff to transport). Took me 23 hours door to door to south Wales... man, was that boring!
P
I was more impressed with your 14 mile ride over Wrynose and Hardknott .......... on a Cruiser! :woohoo: . Normally you have to go to the MotoGP to see brake discs glow like that ;)
Ah yes.. I remember it well! Those poor brakes, they were squealing so much I thought the bike had started to cry!! Smile on my face though!! :laugh: :laugh:
wheelbothends

Post by wheelbothends »

1400 miles or so on a '04Hinckley Bonneville in 2009. Split, Croatia to home. Small fuel tank, a pain to keep stopping for fill-ups. It has been to Moscow and St Petersburg, Russia too. But that's another long story about fuel only available in 5 litre amounts and the buying of it!

1350 miles Kosice, Slovakia to home on a 2000Kawasaki Drifter 800cc in the Dale Winton blue colour [google it for a larf]2002. Not as bad as it looks as a ride- surprisingly comfortable. Scary on the unlimited sections of the German autobahn at night.

1465 miles Gibraltar to home on a '83BMW R80ST in 1989. Just a handlebar screen, 4 January very very cold, pre-dates any availability of heated jackets etc. On arrival at home discovered a sore right hand actually was a broken bone [from drunken hi-jinks on new years eve]

620 miles 2 up on a '80Honda 400N twin in 1983. North of Cahors to Xabia [SE of Valencia, at that time just a sleepy fishing jetty]Probably the toughest trip, the roads in Northern Spain South of Andorra were quite diabolical at that time. The 400N had the heart of a lion.

But I agree with the "couldn't do it now" sentiments!!

Return to “THE PUB”