Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Heff

Re: Why do you have an Adventure Style Bike

Post by Heff »

Having had a number of 'sports bikes' over the years, I moved from a CBR1000 unto the Gs several years ago.

Often think why didn't I make the change earlier.

On the GS, I find that I get twice the fun at half the speed, and enjoy taking the Panzer to places I would never have dreamed of taking a sports bike.

Good move in my book :whistle:
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

Because im too old and inflexible for a sports bike anymore. its more comfortable for me and the wife on the back.more room to carry my crap inc. Kitchen sink etc lol. my tigger goes a little offroad so well happy with it.the more i ride it the more i love it .ive played/dabbled off road over the years and enjoy that aswell as roads. it suits me
Bridge2.jpg
Bridge2.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 742 times
The whole bike hasnt cost me more than £1100 from dead to woohoo
Cheers j
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Because they are the best of both worlds.
Why would you 'NOT' want one

"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

Tyrant68 wrote:Because they are the best of both worlds.
Why would you 'NOT' want one

Lovely bike, always wanted one!

Brought my 650GS as I wanted a good all round bike to commute on! The added bonus of being able to do adventures on it is yet to be used!
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

Cos i can..
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It depends on what you're idea of an adventure bike is.

If a Yam Tenere fits the bill then I bought mine because they're budget bikes that can be used on most surfaces as long as you remember their limitations.

If you want the more expensive end of the spectrum then I've got a Ducati 1200 Multistrada because it's ideal for touring Europe but is still fast enough and agile enough to have a good go at cheeky sports bike riders when I feel like it :)

More importantly, I've still got a Kawasaki ZX10R for when cheeky adventure bike riders need putting in their place :whistle:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

XT600E so I guess mine is more of a traditional trail bike than the modern idea of an adventure bike. Descendant from the original Tenere so I guess its one of the original adventure bikes.

It's my green laner, winter hack and long distance adventurer. It's multi-purpose.

I also have a Daytona 955i however

and have always been a fan of sports bikes with clip on bars, but I am starting to feel when I ride it that I could do with higher bars and a less cramped riding position (not that the Daytona is at all cramped compared to some more modern design sports bikes). I'm thinking when the Daytona does get replaced it will be something like a Tiger 1050 or a KTM 990 SMT
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
cocker

Post by cocker »

long story short
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

The word Adventure Bike is the latest Buzz word .I'm old enough to remember them being called Big Trail bikes.

What is classed as a Adventure Bike ?

I have a chap come on one of our trail riding camping weekends on a Z100 chop and ride it better off road then most of the riders on so called Adventure bikes.

The Adventure is in what you do on your bike . Not what type of bike it is.

Check this link out . Not the type of bike that you would fit into the so called Adventure bike class.

http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well my ideal adventure bike was my honda superdream 250...goes anywhere a ktm goes and I had the best time of my early life on it...

Return to “THE PUB”