First Aid

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
chillidave

Re: First Aid

Post by chillidave »

BIG BILL wrote:Well done Fi.

JD mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

BB
Now there's a man who knows what he's talking about. :)
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

I was told today at work that the man who collapsed on Saturday is doing fine, he got out of intensive care yesterday, apparently he had a massive heart attack and if it wasn't for the first aid given in Asda he would of died, his wife want's to meet everyone involved. :)
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

fionaann wrote:I was told today at work that the man who collapsed on Saturday is doing fine, he got out of intensive care yesterday, apparently he had a massive heart attack and if it wasn't for the first aid given in Asda he would of died, his wife want's to meet everyone involved. :)
That's great news, well done you!
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

Update, had a surprise at work today, I was at a celebration brunch with some of my fellow workmates, its a thank you for good work done in the store, so when it was my turn I got an extra surprise, the wife if the man who collapsed came to meet me and my fellow first aiders, we were all in tears in the room, it was lovely to meet her and give her a big hug, her husband is still in Aberdeen hospital, he might be getting a triple bypass, so lets hope he gets on ok, :)
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
byway billy

Post by byway billy »

WELL DONE MATE, TAKE IT FROM ONE WHO DEALS WITH THIS ON A DAILY BASIS , IF HE NEEDED A SHOCK THEN YOUR CPR KEPT HIM ALIVE AND IN THE BEST CONDITION TO BE DEFIBRILATED. IF YOU HADNT BEEN THERE THE OUTCOME FOR THE PARAMEDICS COULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT FOR SURE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Great news Fionaan, it would be great if everyone had your skills and the present of mind to use them . Well done you, I'm sure there are a whole string of friends and family that would like to thank you for saving a loved one. ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'm glad you got thanks from both the company and the customers wife, proud of you baby.
Not always the case though, the last RTA I stopped at the guy was a bit of a mess on the road, I attended him, called the ambulance and assisted getting him into the ambulance, I didn't even get a thanks!
I know I get the satisfaction of knowing I helped someone in need, and don't really look for thanks but it is nice to know someone appreciates your help now and again, makes it feel worthwhile.
Even basic 1st aid is well worth knowing, you never know when you might need it. I was spurred on to be a 1st aider when I witnessed a seizure, I stood there, not knowing what to do, I felt embarrassed and stupid and decided to do something about it for the next time.
As motorcyclists taking part in a dangerous pastime the need for 1st aid knowledge is quite high, I'd recommend a quick course at your local red cross or college. You never know when you might need it!
(And like my Fiona you may well get paid extra from work, THE WHOLE £6 A MONTH!) Obviously not for the money then, still, better than me, I get nothing!
Well done baby!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “THE PUB”