Speed limiter

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
fatowl

Speed limiter

Post by fatowl »

Some more meddling interference coming from on high...

from July next year, so won't be able to break the speed limit. (well, easily). I believe in a year or 2's time, you won't be able to turn it off.
Interesting that you'll have to go to the dealer, and download all the stored info in your car (and bike?) every so often - will that be law?

If it does become law, i don't see me buying a vehicle with it fitted.
Tonibe63

Re: Speed limiter

Post by Tonibe63 »

I believe all new cars built after 2022 will be fitted with the speed limit device (as in the actual speed limit you are in at any given moment) but it can be overridden by the driver, as long as you remember every time you start the vehicle because it will auto default to on when you switch the car off.
Every new 'model' after 2024 will be fitted with a speed limit device that cannot be overridden.
Watch 'Petrol Ped' latest hybrid Hyundai on YouTube, he shows how the car recognises speed restrictions and adjusts the adaptive cruise control to suit ..... even on temporary speed restrictions.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Does this mean all cars will have to have adaptive speed control as standard, it was £1k+ option on my van that I didn't opt for.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:27 pm Does this mean all cars will have to have adaptive speed control as standard, it was £1k+ option on my van that I didn't opt for.
I don't know the technical details of how they will do it Snaf but however it happens the car price will reflect it ie probably increase.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Speed limiter

Post by johnnyboxer »

My new van has an adaptive speed limiter, which you can get at the desired speed you don’t wish to exceed ....ie 54mph on a NSL A road and the van won’t exceed it, no matter what gear you’re in or how much you floor the throttle
Brilliant bit of kit and so bloody useful
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

johnnyboxer wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:14 pm My new van has an adaptive speed limiter, which you can get at the desired speed you don’t wish to exceed ....ie 54mph on a NSL A road and the van won’t exceed it, no matter what gear you’re in or how much you floor the throttle
Brilliant bit of kit and so bloody useful
I have that on my van it's a variable driver set speed limiter and is as you say brilliant. Adaptive speed limiter uses a calibrated camera system that also reads road signs for speed limits in conjunction with GPS data. So you also need the GPS unit which was an additional £1200 combined option on my van.
I think I'll bring the new van purchase forward a couple of years.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Get used to it....there's more to come.

Road pricing for a start.

Government policy for the next decades is going to be

"Stay Safe, Stay at Home, Watch Advertising, Shop On-line."

No one voted for any of this...but you are sure as hell going to get it. It's for your own good, you know.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am Get used to it....there's more to come.

Road pricing for a start.

Government policy for the next decades is going to be

"Stay Safe, Stay at Home, Watch Advertising, Shop On-line."

No one voted for any of this...but you are sure as hell going to get it. It's for your own good, you know.

Well, if we're all staying at home, at least that shit E10 fuel won't be ruining your engines, Richard! Bonus!!! :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It will, it does the most damage in engines that are not regularly run
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:24 pm It will, it does the most damage in engines that are not regularly run
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. First imperial measures are being announced snd now the dinosaurs are returning.
I repeat, E10 is not a new fuel, it has been in use in some parts of Europe since 2009. It does not destroy engines.

Return to “THE PUB”