Had the jab yet?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Nigel

Re: Had the jab yet?

Post by Nigel »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:33 pm
Nigel wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm Good tip, give the staff a big box of chockies least you can do to say thanks and a nurse got so excited eating one earlier I thought she was having an orgasm :lol: never seen that before :D
Well, I suppose giving a nurse an orgasm is preferred to idea of giving them the clap.

Just for future reference, should I find myself en privé with a nurse, what was the flavour? Probably not the coffee cream...
To be honest I don't know what flavour but she wasn't half making a fuss, I reckon by the time I left the box was empty! One nurse said we do appreciate it, I said we appreciate what you are doing, we can't thank you enough, always appreciated the NHS but they are going above and beyond at the moment
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:33 pm
Nigel wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm Good tip, give the staff a big box of chockies least you can do to say thanks and a nurse got so excited eating one earlier I thought she was having an orgasm :lol: never seen that before :D
Well, I suppose giving a nurse an orgasm is preferred to idea of giving them the clap.

Just for future reference, should I find myself en privé with a nurse, what was the flavour? Probably not the coffee cream...
A nice toffee finger perhaps?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Over 30's now being vaccinated in our area, Son-in-law had his 1st jab and Daughter has had her 2nd jab (aged 33), all vulnerable over 20's now eligible. Thankfully there is very good uptake and no sign of social media hysteria/bulldish having a negative effect. A clinic last week had 3 people faint shortly after the jab, all of which were phobia/anxiety related.
Staff and volunteers still working overtime whenever the vaccine comes in.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

The methods are oddly varied.
I went to a village hall vax centre and all was cheery and relaxed but I had to wait 15 minutes after the jab before I left.
A week later my wife went to the Congress Theatre complex in Eastbourne and it was a conveyor belt system and she was spat out the door within seconds.
I had no effects after feeling tired for a couple hours that afternoon and never even felt the jab go in. My wife still has a sore arm 10 weeks later and she is the last person in the world to say she is ill/uncomfortable etc but hers felt like a copper pipe being jabbed into her arm muscle.
My 2nd on Thursday, her’s next week.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Had my 2nd AZ on Friday.
Administered by a lady who looked like a Dr come out of retirement. Didn't feel it. Felt OK Sat, and a bit tired Sun. OK now.
Just like the first one (although at a different venue) it was all very friendly and efficient. No fuss.
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

Had both, didn't feel them go in and only slight discomfort in my arm for about 48hrs, nothing unpleasant about the whole procedure, just hope it works.
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

Just downloaded the NHS App (not track and trace) and it involves scanning your passport or Driving License and then your face for comparison and after a bit of a wait they confirm your identity (easier if you know your NHS number). It will then show a "vaccine passport" with proof of when you had both jabs and a QR code for others to scan as proof of status. Although I don't really agree with these passports, as its unfair on those who haven't been offered a jab, it is quite an impressive App and may be worth having on your phone especially if you are going to travel abroad. With local lockdowns on the horizon having this proof may allow travel between different status areas.

Return to “THE PUB”