Stonehenge

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
boboneleg

Stonehenge

Post by boboneleg »

I didn't know about this but if I had I would have gone

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/n ... d=msedgdhp
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Stonehenge

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Who's willing to bet that the 'pigfarm byway' that takes you off the A303 and/or the plain to the Drove Roads of Dorset won't be turned into a dead-end by this scheme?

The guy who said the real aim of the scheme is to stop people seeing the stones for free is spot on. From now on it will be visit the Druid Experience Theme Park, pay though the nose, and exit through the gift shop

My best view ever of the stones was bathed in moonlight, heading west when I took part in the Lands End Trial...I'll never forget it.

Makes my blood boil.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

I think me needs to bring me sheep and have a little wander along the ancient droves of England like farmers did years ago.... Ancient rights long fogotton...

It's a travesty the thing s people do to our countryside in the name of progress...

The 2 byways that cross over the A303 should be reinstated past the stones English Heritage are just as always after money...

Makes my piss boil...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

may just be me but they are the most overated load of old boulders ..could put the new road over it for me
merry xmas
braaaaap
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

minkyhead wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 pm may just be me but they are the most overated load of old boulders ..could put the new road over it for me
merry xmas
braaaaap
I think you're missing the ponit Steve, we will lose at least three byways, one of which is the greenest of green lanes there is. The fuckers have been trying to close them for years and I fear they'll get their way this time.
one-legged adventurer
mikedefieslife

Post by mikedefieslife »

byewayrider wrote:I think me needs to bring me sheep and have a little wander along the ancient droves of England like farmers did years ago.... Ancient rights long fogotton...

It's a travesty the thing s people do to our countryside in the name of progress...

The 2 byways that cross over the A303 should be reinstated past the stones English Heritage are just as always after money...

Makes my piss boil...
I would agree, if they remove something, they should replace it. In this case the byways.

As for the ‘countryside’ most of it in the UK is completely artificial and man made anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riders' Handbook
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

mikedefieslife wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:36 pm As for the ‘countryside’ most of it in the UK is completely artificial and man made anyway.

Yep, we moan about deforestation in places like Brazil yet we've decimated our own woodlands.
I've flown around most of the country low and slow and its apparent how much of the place is empty fields doing nothing except having a few sheep now and again and often just being cut for silage a couple of times a year, even the so called common land is managed in a way to make it suitable only for sheep or cows to feed and anything in danger of growing that cant be ate by the above is cut down or burned taking any ground nesting birds or other creatures with it.

Hopefully the rule change on leaving the CAP which apparently will take away the system of paying rich landowners for simply having Land will go some small way to address it, but knowing large commercial farmers and landowners as I do, they will get arsey and demand subsidies for something else and with a Tory government in power they'll look after their mates the fat cats
Its a trick............get an Axe
soho

Post by soho »

[/quote]
even the so called common land is managed in a way to make it suitable only for sheep or cows to feed and anything in danger of growing that cant be ate by the above is cut down or burned taking any ground nesting birds or other creatures with it.
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out the obvious...............Of course many (like myself ) don't always take the time to look for the "obvious". It's these little factoids that slowly make us all more aware of stuff we should already know and be more considerate about.
Thanks
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

boboneleg wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm
minkyhead wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 pm may just be me but they are the most overated load of old boulders ..could put the new road over it for me
merry xmas
braaaaap
I think you're missing the ponit Steve, we will lose at least three byways, one of which is the greenest of green lanes there is. The fuckers have been trying to close them for years and I fear they'll get their way this time.
that then is bad news ,,always the same ..a few little motorbikes on green lane ..or parking for a100 coaches full of japs ...

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

I have mixed feelings. Get the A303 out of the way. Yes, I can go for that. Losing the local Byways however, will be a bitter pill. Managing the site for only those who pay handsomely to see it.....no. Funny to think the RAF wanted the stones removing back in the days of the airfield because they were seen as a potential hazard to the flyers!

Return to “HEROES”