Stonehenge

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Asgard

Re: Stonehenge

Post by Asgard »

Just another 95,000 to go then
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I remember giving advice on how to increase trf numbers .. It seemed to be followed .. with success ?
I think it was on this forum, [but could have been the trf forum when i was a member] .. pretty sure it was on here, and Mario was a member (still is?)

simple advice, recruit retain, legal presence .. especially look after novices and new members ... obvious if you do it, not so obvious if you are not actually doing that.

swtrf became poor at all that .. quite aggressive towards novices who could not keep up, or who had big bikes and so not fit into the `light enduro` mould .... [it was fine when gray was chairman].

Richard Simpson was a great asset to the group, especially in ROW and general info on the trf and general activities ongoing. And robin was good too, from main `office`.

there were lots of disputes on a personal level when Mario took over, as most on here know ... I dont know what the basis of this was, but some great people left the trf.

there is littel alternative now, to the trf .. and re joining seems a viable option .. as long as not get too involved with the politics, as they seem to be the only official group that actually organises ride outs??
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Stonehenge ... i think this is a subject area close to many people's hearts ... perhaps not as many as i think? in terms of big bad bikers? except in as far as trail access is concerned? ... do trail bikers actually Look at the scenery? in terms of scenic beauty, tranquility, soul calming, pretty flowers, laavoly trees, rugged mountains? ... actually probably more than will admit it?

I admit it, and take lowds a photos, all a da time ... when riding alone, no time in frantic groups. and then there is the historical value of the landscape ... this is where stonehenge scores well on both counts ..

should they be sacrosanct? .. should they be removed and set up in a museum? .. should priority be given to rights of way? new projects? airports? ..... personally i find that these sort of questions become less urgent as i get older, and i am sure it will all get sorted in the end lol
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

During WWI, the Royal Flying Corps wanted to use the henge as a practice bombing target!

English Heritage wants the byway closest to the stones closed to 'preserve ' it: but has been known to use it as an overspill coach park, and in the original proposal for the Druid Theme Park Experience, proposed running passenger land trains (3 trailers towed by big farm tractors) along it following its closure to the public.

My opinion is that EH is seeking purely to capitalise any view of the stones...a 'pay per view' experience of the English countryside. It goes way beyond trail riding, and, indeed, Stonehenge.
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

...so put another fkn big hedge up so we don't steal 'their' view , a no parking sign to stop the traveller encampments and then we can carry on riding the lanes.
Sorted. No charge for the consultancy.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Well TRF PM (preMario) was about 3000 members. In any one year 1000 would leave and another 1000 would join.

So, membership is up by 2/3, which is a fair achievement.

Whether that can be sustained post-Covid is another question. I am contemplating rejoining...but wouldn't take any active part in PR etc as I did before.
He’s now moving on, to become a director of VMCC now
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Presumably, on a salary?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

From what I have heard not all is cosy in the VMCC since a certain somebody showed an interest :roll:

Salary or expenses, depends on who is vetting the figures. Not that anybody other than another Director might get to see the figures :shock:

Up to the Members really but most can't be bothered :!:

TTFN

Hugh.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Presumably, on a salary?
Dunno?

With money we don't have

johnnyboxer

Stonehenge

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

From what I have heard not all is cosy in the VMCC since a certain somebody showed an interest :roll:

Salary or expenses, depends on who is vetting the figures. Not that anybody other than another Director might get to see the figures :shock:

Up to the Members really but most can't be bothered :!:

TTFN

Hugh.
Quelle Suprisé

I might just join

With money we don't have

Return to “HEROES”