amazon et al

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
garyboy

amazon et al

Post by garyboy »

Amazing ... that is wot i fink of AMAZON deliveries and service.

absolutely incredible

order one day .. get it the next.. (with prime)

and now they got a tracking app that shows you where the driver is on a map, how many stops till you get it ..

can't get over it!!
garyboy

Re: amazon et al

Post by garyboy »

yesterday i was watching the driver (on a green dot, going round and round, on a map) get really lost for nearly an hour, while delivering to me .... really entertaining :D :lol:
but he got here in the end 8-)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

They and other delivery companies certainly could teach the Royal Mail about tracking and how to deliver parcels. I think "oh no" when I see something has been sent using them.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Its all coming together swimmingly ..................................Welcome our new Masters

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1672204/br ... nds-talks/

Amazon join ‘secret’ panel advising government on how to buy goods after Brexit
I wonder what company amazon will advise the government to actually buy the stuff from?
Conflict of interests?, corruption?...in Great Britain??
Its a trick............get an Axe
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Royal mail are not the worst
That accolade surely goes to Hermes I had a parcel out for delivery 3 days on the trot only for it to be returned to depot,
In end I emailed sender and cancelled my order and took a little trip to B&Q for the item.
Had similar issues with yodel out for delivery and turns up 24hrs later
Parcel force I watched the driver get out of his van walk up to my and put a card through the door asking me collect from depot next day,
He nearly shit himself when I opened the door. Then had a bit of gob of him the whole incident took a whole lot longer than it would of if he had just carried my parcel
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

i've heard a lot of horror stories about Hermies .. tossing parcels over the fence, placing them in waste bins, being late, failing to deliver etc ...
must admit i am mixed up about Royal Mail and Post Office? .. but they are both privatised now? and are the same firm? or is it just Royal Mail?? anyway .. they both crap :lol: :lol: .. that may be why the government wants to bring them screaming and kicking into the 21 st century?
and who better to give advice than the undisputed masters of buying/selling/posting/customer service .. than Amazon?

Post Office wrongly accused thousands of PO tellers/workers of nicking money, but it was their own inferior IT system ... still loads went to jail, lives ruined, suicides, families split ... sickening `efficiency` by the UK.
PO .. just a few years ago i could not get a transaction done, as they did not have the digital technology to even do credit card transaction .. doh.

today i had a delivery from amazon .. ok . the driver got the address wrong due to the way the post codes are allocated, so not his fault ... he wrongly put in a `non delivery` report ... but later i got the package ... Amazon very quickly phoned me up to see if i had got the parcel ... efficient or wot?
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Royal Mail tracker only updates once you’ve received the item! Not much point for you is it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

The last couple of days I’ve tried a recent introduction from Royal Mail you weigh your item, look at the size it fits in medium or large, pay online & for an extra 79p your local postman collects your parcel, it’s worked quite well up to now tracking updated regularly, I recently sent a camera by Royal Mail the eBay buyer requested it sending to a local convenience shop drop off point suggested by eBay, when R Mail tried to deliver it they refused to accept it, unfortunately I didn’t put a return address on the parcel & it’s gone to their central returns hub in Belfast (Very central) if they can’t trace it I will have to refund the buyer & I can’t claim on the insurance as I didn’t put a return address on the parcel, my fault but why don’t they send it back to the post office where it was sent from then let me know via the tracker?? Not R Mails fault but maddening all the same. I’ve lodged a find request with RM but I’ve to allow 3 weeks for them to find it in Belfast as they get 1000s of undeliverable items each day, what can’t be sent back to sender goes to charity so I might be donating £110 to charity!! My experience with Yodel, Hermes & DPD is not good so I stick with R Mail.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

must admit, i find the idea of pick up from your door, a great idea by royal mail
and i always seem to get my post mail ok ... but then i would not know if i didn't :lol:

I think the `pick up` idea is going to take off, big time, as the thought of finding the local parcel centre, or just using the local post office, which has very limited opening times, very restrictive to even thinking of starting a buying and selling business.

a down side of amazon is that if you forget to cancel your Prime subscription before the month is out, you have to pay the £7 per month fee, which makes it unviable for the occasional user like me. .. they also make it difficult to find the cancellation spot on their site, but easy to find the Continue spot lol ... to be expected i suppose?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I recently bought a washing machine ... I been playing with it for a few days now ... such great fun .. as i no longer need to mix with covid infected twats who live in my block of flats (several have tested positive recently) ... or stick to the allocated laundry times.
Anyway, today i received a suggested buying notice off Amazon showing laundry airing stands etc .... so how did they know????? ...... great entrepreneurial skills.. but i didnt even buy the washing machine from them ... it was from Currys.

Return to “HEROES”