Motorent Adventure, Coyhaique, Chile

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
PatC

Motorent Adventure, Coyhaique, Chile

Post by PatC »

Some of you may have seen my thread in the trip reports section about the incredible three weeks that my mate Rob and I spent riding in Patagonia in january this year. It's an amazing region, as I hope the images in that thread go a little way to showing. I really just wanted to post something on here about the company that we used for outfitting, Motorent Adventure Limited http://motorentadventure.com/en/ of Coyhaique in Chile's XI Region. In the ideal world (you know; the one with with endless leave, plenty of money, no mortgage, no family comitments etc) I would love to have organised everything myself and shipped the bike out but the reality is at present a three week adventure was all I could manage, and I was pushing the limits of both my wife's and work's generosity at that. Thanks to Wilfredo at Motorent Adventure we were able to have an amazing adventure in a limted time and on a budget that wasn't as expensive as you might think.

Motorent Adventure offer a range of services from bike hire for independent travel through to fully guided trips. Given our, self-imposed, time limits we opted for a supported trip which meant we were able to complete an ambitious circuit of Patagonia, riding south to the end of the Careterra Austral, taking the ferry through the Chilean fjords, criss-crossing Tierra del Fuego and then riding noth on Ruta 40 and crossing back into Chile through some of the most spectacular mountain scenery. Given more time, I'm confident the same trip could be accomplished without the back-up. Likewise, a less ambitious route could be achieved at a relatively leisurely pace without back-up.

Here's some views that contrast the scenery that we encountered:

ImageDSCN4050 by Patrick Collins, on Flickr
Torres del Paine

ImageMod DSC_7850 by Patrick Collins, on Flickr
Heading north on Ruta 40 through the vastness of the Argentine steppe.

ImageDSCN4017 by Patrick Collins, on Flickr
Wilfredo with the trusty L200 support vehicle. Lunch stop in no-mans land between the Argentine and Chilean border posts in the centre of Tierra del Fuego.

ImageDSCN3956 by Patrick Collins, on Flickr
And, when it all goes wrong, Wilfredo was there to help. Rob and Wilfredo, with our one and only puncture south of Puerto Bertrand on the Careterra Austral.

I really can't praise Motorent Adventure highly enough. Their website http://motorentadventure.com/en/ , which is available in English, gives a taste of what they can provide. The videos are well worth a look and are pretty inspiring, well they made Rob want to go.
PatC

Re: Motorent Adventure, Coyhaique, Chile

Post by PatC »

Apologies to anyone who tried to look at the Motorent Adventure website, my posting seemed to coincide with the website going down. It seems to be back up and working now.

http://motorentadventure.com/en/

Return to “HEROES”