Towzatronics.

Had a GREAT service or buying experience with a vendor then post it up here.
Hugh

Towzatronics.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Based upon my previously reading positive comments on here in the past I ordered two marine sockets on Monday, yesterday, and they were delivered today, Tuesday.

Excellent service thank you :D

https://towzatronics.com

TTFN

Hugh.
boboneleg

Re: Towzatronics.

Post by boboneleg »

Yes I agree Hugh, I’ve always had good service from them 👍
one-legged adventurer
biker

Post by biker »

I've had one of theirs on my bike for about ten years and still works perfect, need two more when i get around to ordering them
I AM THAT I AM
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Hugh wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm

https://towzatronics.com

TTFN

Hugh.
Still going huh? Good, I was seriously impressed with the service provided some years ago, and friendly and helpful on the phone too :D
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Are power sockets easy to fit I have my himalayan coming next week and would like to get a USB socket in the bike at some point?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Mike,

Since you are buying a brand new motorcycle it might be worth checking with the supplying dealer to see if they would fit one for you to prevent possible future complications with claims against your warranty. The answer to your question from a technical point of view depends upon the space and locations available plus your technical skills if you propose to DIY.

The simplest way is to power the socket via a fuse, could be a direct connection to the battery (not my chosen option) or have an ignition only feed which would be my preferred option, but then the socket can only be used with the ignition on and/or the engine running. There might be a spare connection on the onboard fuse box to connect to, alternatively an additional fuse book could be fitted solely to power accessories such as charging point, heated grips, heated clothing, extra lights, sat nav, etc. A suitable fuse box could be sourced through Towzatronics or an internet company called “eastern beaver”.

The alternative cheapest option would be to fit a ‘sealed' 12v relay;

https://towzatronics.com/shop/switches- ... -open-20a/

I recommend that you fit protective sleeves to and solder all terminal connections, place possible relay inside a clear plastic bag for extra weather protection.

A typical wiring layout can be seen on the attached pictures, I also show where I propose to fit my socket on the Alp. The plastic lid from a spray that you can see can protects my heated grips' switch.
Relay1.jpg
Relay1.jpg (255.28 KiB) Viewed 8580 times
Relay with double contact.jpg
Relay with double contact.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 8580 times
socket 1.jpg
socket 1.jpg (152.02 KiB) Viewed 8580 times

Hope these comments help but come back should you want more suggestions or advice.

TTFN

Hugh.
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Hugh

Thank you for the input you're suggestion seems the way forward at least its all protected from any crud and water and going via the ignition makes sense. Like you say I might wait until 1st service to get to know the bike and get them to I stall one, I can't see any issues but don't want to void the warranty!

Return to “HEROES”