Cafes in Peak District

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
hennieontanks

Cafes in Peak District

Post by hennieontanks »

Hya

A mate and I are heading to the Peak District for the first time and are planning to enjoy as many of the roads we can fit into a weekend.

We are looking at some recommendation for bike friendly cafes for lunch and coffee stops.

Thanks
johnnyboxer

Re: Cafes in Peak District

Post by johnnyboxer »

hennieontanks wrote:Hya

A mate and I are heading to the Peak District for the first time and are planning to enjoy as many of the roads we can fit into a weekend.

We are looking at some recommendation for bike friendly cafes for lunch and coffee stops.

Thanks
There are loads of cafes in the Peaks - just rock up and spend your money

All will welcome you - crash helmet in hand or not

We turn up in all manner of eateries in the Dales on dirt bikes or Adv bikes and never been turned away

Generally I avoid any place that is ‘biker friendly’ as the food is usually a ‘sub standard calorie laden offering’ and much prefer quality food when paying a handsome price - plus the place is full of noisy bikes

That twee tea rooms may yield a gem of a place, to rest a while and also good food, try it
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Sounds good. But do you have any recommendations?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

hennieontanks wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 am Sounds good. But do you have any recommendations?
Great cafe in Monyash, next to pub and great roads round there

Hartington has some good eateries
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

There's a few nice little cafes:-
  • Cafe at Wetton Mill ///ambient.wreck.diverting - (cash or £5 min on card)
  • Nice lady in a van in a layby at the side of Lady Bower ///slamming.president.airbrush - (cash only, no toilets)
  • Brews & snacks @ Colemans Deli in in Hathersage ///handrail.decimal.onwards - no toilets that I could find for this one though, they do have very good sausage rolls ;)
  • Small takeaway cafe in main car park at Castleton ///corporate.disengage.shrug - outside seating only, plenty of parking if you're lucky & toilets next door
Enjoy
H
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Monyash is excellent, but can get busy on sunny weekends, Grindleford station is great (sort of traditional transport cafe fare but very good), Flagg stores is great, Longor the cafe in the town centre is great. The Stone Centre cafe just north of Wirksworth is very good as is the cafe round the back of the Whitworth centre in Darley Dale. Wirksworth has several good cafes and pubs. The Yonderman cafe on the A623, near the junction with the B6465, welcomes bikers and is good. There are loads more. Personally I avoid Matlock Bath, particularly at weekends as if the weather is half decent it will be a traffic jam. but there are several good chippys there.
Unlike 20 years ago when there were a lot of places with no motorcyclist signs up, most places welcome us. I have been to all the above on a bike, been made welcome and had good service. Enjoy your trip.
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Thanks. Sounds great and looking forward to trying some.
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Some pics of the trip to the Peaks. Thanks all for the great tips. Was a brilliant trip with great roads and places to have a coffee.
hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

hennieontanks

Post by hennieontanks »

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”