Names of Cafes, please

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Scott_rider

Re: Names of Cafes, please

Post by Scott_rider »

We went to Tallybont-on-Usk, had a spirited ride down there, then somehow I got a 12mm spanner straight through my rear tyre.... :shock: ...right in the middle of the village when we were crawling at 10mph...it went in like a knife and created a large hole in the middle of my Dunlop Sportmaxx, god knows how it penetrated the tyre :shock: :cry: ...anyway, we plugged it with about 5 strings, got help from a neighbour next to one of the pubs who lent us an air compressor, then I limped back towards Aylesbury stopping at several petrol stations to pump it up and to replug it until we ran out of strings. I made it 100 miles to Oxford where the tyre finally gave up completely and I got recovered the final 20 miles home by Carole Nash Breakdown. If only the repair had lasted another 30 mins/20 miles but it did well to last that long... 8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

come on it did'nt happen without pics. :?:
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

This could be the one your on about near Abergavenny, think its closed now :shock:
Steel Horse Cafe
B4598, Llanvihangel Gobion, Abergavenny NP7 9AY
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Yes, the Steel Horse is no more - victim of the plague, perhaps?
I wonder if the American-style diner was Miss Mollies, on the A40 just outside Llangadog? It closed a few years back, and Google Maps streetview
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.93618 ... 312!8i6656
shows it being a bit overgrown and sad. When I passed a few weeks ago it was something else, possibly a vets or Insurance/accountant/financial something.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”