Matlock Bath

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
SteveWat

Re: Matlock Bath

Post by SteveWat »

The bikers bending the social distancing rules aren’t stupid.
They’ve risk assessed their situation. It’s a balance between making yourself miserable and peering though your window as life carries on around you if you feel vulnerable......or going out and enjoying life and boosting the economy.
The Jab has lessened the severity of the infection, let’s not ignore all the hard work of its development and roll-out by ignoring its impact and acting like it never happened.
Myself, I’d be one of the folk standing around chatting, chewing on a burger. But I’d never criticise anyone who felt differently because of their situation.
After all pricks like me can’t infect you if you’re sat at home watching TV.
Flipflop

Re: Matlock Bath

Post by Flipflop »

SteveWat wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 am The bikers bending the social distancing rules aren’t stupid.
They’ve risk assessed their situation. It’s a balance between making yourself miserable and peering though your window as life carries on around you if you feel vulnerable......or going out and enjoying life and boosting the economy.
The Jab has lessened the severity of the infection, let’s not ignore all the hard work of its development and roll-out by ignoring its impact and acting like it never happened.
Myself, I’d be one of the folk standing around chatting, chewing on a burger. But I’d never criticise anyone who felt differently because of their situation.
After all pricks like me can’t infect you if you’re sat at home watching TV.
A good point, at some stage we’ve got to get on with it.
I generally avoid over busy biker places anyway. All my years growing up in Surrey, I went to Boxhill 3 times but that’s just me, not a judgment.
A friend of mine in Hampshire said that before lockdown ended there were 100s of bikes going to Loomies on a Sunday - the police were walking round the car park handing out fines.
I guess, by it’s very nature, a forum like this is frequented by riders who take the road less travelled so some MAY have a negative outlook on busy biker places - adding Covid to the mix just amplifies things.

This time next year, Rodney, we’ll be (feel like) millionaires ;)

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”