Isle of Man TT Practice week

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
gbags

Re: Isle of Man TT Practice week

Post by gbags »

clutchspring wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:25 pm How did you manage to get a ferry crossing ? , When I looked at going to the TT I was a bit put off by the system for buying ferry tickets ( ie book one year in advance with a none returnable deposit & no guarantee you'll get a ticket ).

Ian.
Three or four years ago I called them up about two weeks before race week and asked them if they had any cancellations. I got foot passage ferry tickets and two tents for three people in a campsite near the mountain train, perfect for the Bungalow.
I couldn’t take the bike but it was amazing.
Give it a try.
Ricalnic

Re: Isle of Man TT Practice week

Post by Ricalnic »

Dansin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm As i understand it, if you’re inside the course you can freely move around on the green lanes.
If on the inside then of course you are limited to a couple of roads, and can’t leave until roads open.

If spectate on outside then you can move around the entire circuit, with exception of inability to progress/pass thru Kirk Michael as there is no coastal road at that point.

Once you spend a few days on the island it is extremely easy to navigate around

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”