Isle of Man TT Practice week

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Schoe000

Isle of Man TT Practice week

Post by Schoe000 »

Hi Guys,

Booked to go up to the Isle of Man practice week and then to see the first three races. Going Tuesday the 28th May to Sunday 2nd June going to be camping. If anybody is interested in joining me you would be welcome. Or if anyone else is going I would be interested in tagging alone.

Cheers Nick
Last edited by Schoe000 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clutchspring

Re: Isle of Man TT Practice week

Post by clutchspring »

How did you manage to get a ferry crossing ? , When I looked at going to the TT I was a bit put off by the system for buying ferry tickets ( ie book one year in advance with a none returnable deposit & no guarantee you'll get a ticket ).

Ian.
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

https://www.steam-packet.com/

Booked it here about a week ago.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

I just did a quick check and to go on the 26th May & return on 4th June was going to be £268,tempted 8-) getting accommodation the tricky bit.

:o
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

Boggs wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 am I just did a quick check and to go on the 26th May & return on 4th June was going to be £268,tempted 8-) getting accommodation the tricky bit.

:o
http://glenloughcampsite.com/ booked here last week no problem.
Ricalnic

Post by Ricalnic »

Last year was my 4th TT, and having experienced a range of accommodation over the years, the pre-pitched tents we hired from 4everTT at Colby FC were fantastic. Clean, comfortable, hot buffet breakfast, and full use of clubhouse for showers, toilets etc was excellent. So much so that we have booked again for this year. Being down at Colby was a great location for getting around the island, and a convenient bus service after a day in Doulas for mad Sunday ;-)
Dave, the owner of 4everTT, was most hospitable and gave us new insight to viewing spots, and tourist info, and had time for everyone, actually went out of his way to make time for everyone, nothing was too much trouble.

Love the TT
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

We usually have a week in early May trail riding but have combined it with the TT practice week this year. Staying at our usual bunkhouse near Peel. We'll get inside the course on the trails so we can move around to spectate.
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I go over round about the same for practice week every year. It is amazing. You will love it.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
simonw

Post by simonw »

Every year, watching it on telly, I tell myself I really should go next year.

How easy is it to get around if you want to move on from your viewing position (during racing and practice sessions)?
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

As i understand it, if you’re inside the course you can freely move around on the green lanes.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”