Trail Riding In France

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Magnon

Trail Riding In France

Post by Magnon »

We’re offering a 3 bedroom house with central heating in the Dordogne as an ideal base for trail riding.

I love trail riding around here once it gets a bit wet and slippery. There are literaly a 1000km of trails from the front door of our house and you’ll barely touch 10km of tarmac. Accommodation is self catering, parking for cars, vans and trailers. Garage parking for bikes. 5 beds in 3 bedrooms (1 double, 2 twins). Wifi, TV etc. €100 a night for the house until Easter.

GPX routes or guide free of charge. Guaranteed 3 good days trail riding (150km/day )or 5 days for the more adventurous.
catcitrus

Re: Trail Riding In France

Post by catcitrus »

Seems like a great Deal Charles--duly noted---at about 30 euros a night per person it would be rude not to--I'll ask around.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Thanks Chris, if you can get a small group together it is good value for money. It’s a nice house and the first trail starts 15 metres from the front door. It is self catering (relatively fancy kitchen) but if you want to spend your time riding we can sort out your shopping for you.

I’ve still got the 690 but most of the time I’m on a 250 these days - less challenging.
gazz

Post by gazz »

Hi Charles,
Chris and I would love to visit again.
Is the house available after Easter at all?

cheers
G
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Hi Gazz,

We rent the house in the summer to families but rarely get any bookings before June. We’re also going on Booking.com for the first time so we’re not sure if we’ll get much interest. But to answer your question - we’ll take bookings up to the end of May.

Look forward to seeing you both down here again.

Charles
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Thanks for the enquiries, we’ve dropped the price now to 80 euros a night based on a minimum 2 night booking (until Easter). For those of you who know the area, this house is only about 2kms from the Camping Clupeau on the river. Other bars and restaurants are only a little further.

I’ll try to post up photos of house and trails soon.

PS. In typical French style, there are plenty of cheap restaurants available along the way - not so many petrol stations though!

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”