Hartside cafe

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
johnnyboxer

Re: Hartside cafe

Post by johnnyboxer »

RandG wrote:The new open top roof should be a hit come summer though ;)
Forward thinking
Dining al fresco
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

Bit of a dichotomy really, it was what I would call a typical transport style cafe stuck in the 60s that welcomed everybody. I think it harsh to call it a 'dump' might I suggest a description of faded elegance or utilitarian :shock:

What can we expect when going in with wet muddy boots and over suits. The toilet facilities were adequate, it was the clientele which left paper towels in the sinks or could not be bothered to flush. I reported it once and somebody went in straight away to tidy up.

I agree that there are prettier places around the area but overall it suited my needs for the circumstances and convenience of location.

We have a smaller and yet in many ways similar cafe in Buxton, Five Ways, it is cramped and frugal but we have always been made most welcome, the food is basic and fresh, hot and reasonably priced. I think that the feeling of being made welcome is what seals a place for me.

Let's agree that it needed a good coat of paint and an improved modern varied selection of 'scran' :lol:

TTFN

Hugh.
Well summed up Hugh
I think the same - never ate at Hartside as the fare wasn't my bag - had a mug of stewed tea now and again though
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

scotsy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 pm
RandG wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am Great roads around there but the cafe itself was a bit of a dump.
It was a decent cafe, good cakes and food and a cracking view with the bonus of a cracking ride up to it from either direction

I think you may be alone in your opinion of it :roll:

Ian :D
Whilst I've never been, so have no personal experience, like most places it has good and bad reviews on various websites.

There are 16 one star reviews on Trip Advisor, for example.
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

Morseman wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:48 pm
scotsy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 pm
RandG wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am Great roads around there but the cafe itself was a bit of a dump.
It was a decent cafe, good cakes and food and a cracking view with the bonus of a cracking ride up to it from either direction

I think you may be alone in your opinion of it :roll:

Ian :D
Whilst I've never been, so have no personal experience, like most places it has good and bad reviews on various websites.

That isn't quite a very balanced view though is it?

when there were 178 reviews giving it 4/5 stars

Reviews (258)
Traveller rating

Excellent 92

Very good 86

Average 43

Poor 19

Terrible 17

The 36 disgruntled visitors are far outweighed by the other 222 travellers who bothered to reply to the survey

Ian
Hartside Cafe.jpg
Hartside Cafe.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

That isn't quite a very balanced view though is it?

when there were 178 reviews giving it 4/5 stars

Reviews (258)
Traveller rating

Excellent 92

Very good 86

Average 43

Poor 19

Terrible 17

The 36 disgruntled visitors are far outweighed by the other 222 travellers who bothered to reply to the survey

Ian
Hartside Cafe.jpg
[/quote]

I was more comenting on the fact that more than one person had expressed a negative opinion of the place, as one of the comments to another member of the forum was something along the lines of their being the only one to have a negative opinion.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”