Campsite Peak District

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
manhoot71

Campsite Peak District

Post by manhoot71 »

Looking for campsite in the peaks preferable with a bar near by
Decco

Re: Campsite Peak District

Post by Decco »

I'm watching this one with interest !
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

AustinW

Post by AustinW »

if you do basic, and i mean very basic the farm campsite/field opposite The Yonderman Cafe (AKA Jellies) and virtually next door to the Three Stags Head is quite an experience. Use the cafe for breakfast and the pub for drinks - its very basic and it may or may not do meals and if it does you may / may not get a choice or even the option to eat there. They don't serve Lager.
Wardlow Mires https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/War ... 0712?hl=en
Decco

Post by Decco »

I'm feeling this could be worth a visit. how bike safe is the campsite, anything to chain a bike to?
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

ummm its in the middle of the Derbyshire peak district and its a field with a bog. The cafe and the campsite is popular with trail riders, but the campsite is busy if there's more than a few people on it. AFAIAC security consists of taking the keys out. I am sure there is a gate or part of a wall you can chain your bike up to or if not tie a bit of black string round your finger with the other end attached to the bike.
Decco

Post by Decco »

Your really selling this place to me! next you will be telling me that fresh warm cowpat is available as pillow filler!
I need to try this place now, you sound like you've had experience!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

.... the Three Stags Head is quite an experience. Use the cafe for breakfast and the pub for drinks - its very basic and it may or may not do meals and if it does you may / may not get a choice or even the option to eat there. They don't serve Lager.
Worth watching the reaction after a request for 3 pints of Carling..... :laugh:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Decco wrote:Your really selling this place to me! next you will be telling me that fresh warm cowpat is available as pillow filler!

I need to try this place now, you sound like you've had experience!
Food in the Yonderman is good value and decent grub or it was last time I dropped in (thumbs)

I think to get the "full impression" as Austin was describing, you need to be there in mid Winter, snow on the ground, and horizontal sleet on the way.....
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

Ive stayed there a few times,although not for a couple of years.Its an experience.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”