Campsite Peak District

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Andy A

Re: Campsite Peak District

Post by Andy A »

There is a decent one at the bottom of Pindale which i have stayed at a couple of times, a few trees for hammock camping too.
www.pindalefarm.co.uk/
And Rowter farm at the top of winnats pass, but that one can get busy if the weather is good.
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Decco wrote:Your really selling this place to me! next you will be telling me that fresh warm cowpat is available as pillow filler!

I need to try this place now, you sound like you've had experience!
We've been camping there since 2008 and never had a problem with the bikes. Dof E regularly use it too

As has been said "Don't ask for Lager" and there's a sign on the pub door as you go in. Real ale pub. No good for us shandy drinkers!

Food is great at Yonderman, many awards for best food in area. Run by a biker too
skygod

Post by skygod »

I live a mile from the Yonderman with a secure garage for anyone worried about bike theft. Welcome to use.
The great philosopher Keating once said:

"Life`s a roller coaster, you just have to ride it".
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

There is a great campsite in Monyash with a good pub and excellent cafe just up the road. Mondale head campsite is great if basic and the pub at Monsal head does excellent food and beer, if a bit pricey. The Pack horse at Little Longstone is a short walk away and also does great ale and food. A bit further down the road is Great Longstone with another good pub which is a bit cheaper. The Duke of William is Starkholmes near Matlock,has a campsite at the back of it and does great beer. I have not eaten there but it is a relatively short walk to Matlock which has several good pubs, Maazi Indian restaurant which is good, a variety of other good places to eat and a Whetherspoons.
The Miners Arms near Winster has a campsite and does decent beer. There is also a good, quite large campsite in Birchover which has two good pubs which both do food.
You are spoilt for choice but at this time of year I would phone and check the campsites have availability.
Cheers Jak
lmac

Post by lmac »

Another vote here for the Three Stags Heads and Yondermans cafe (thumbs) .

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”