EAB Ride out - in to the Ace adventure day 19th Feb?

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
GB

Re: EAB Ride out - in to the Ace adventure day 19th Feb?

Post by GB »

2 degrees outside in Norfolk now, so not below freezing yet, oh the joy of heated grips and clothing :woohoo:
Finally back on a GS :D
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Only -1 and light frost here in Ipswich so leaving for A120 meeting point at 7 Then onto Birchanger for coffee :)
:)
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel.
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Old Git Ray wrote:How about a group Photo at Birchanger (unfortunately its a 'no can do' on the A406 for obvious reasons). I'll bring a camera and a mini tripod.

We can then post up a piccy with real and forum names.
Good to meet you Ray and hope you have fun with the Landy this summer. If you are in central France let me know as I plan to be afloat :woohoo:
SGR
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Mark thanks for being Yellow Leader. It was a fun day and I bagged both Westminster and St Paul's for the Grail. Then a bimble around London and thank God I don't commute by car or bike any more. Give me the open roads any day :)
SGR
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

The planned photo shoot went a bit wrong due to the late arrival of Mark and his entourage dut to the A14 closure. Shame really, I wanted to get a shot of each rider by his/her bike. Oh well, next time maybe.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Here are a couple at Birchanger though.

suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Ray I cannot open the photos. Not sure if its just me :(
Graham
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

suffolkgsrider wrote:Ray I cannot open the photos. Not sure if its just me :(
Graham
I screwed up the posting of the pictures and it took me a while to sort it out...Sorry

Ray
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Good photo of Mark as Yellow leader and he didn't lose anyone!
Graham
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

What a complete nause, as you know the day started with the stress levels in the upper +'s roads shut etc, although we did get to the Ace at 9.55 so 5 mins ahead of schedule.

What I'm referring to is the whole day on film is down the pan.
There was me, merrily snapping away, and not one single shot captured!
The night before I used the camera to take a picture of a bottle of Whiskey (the Denzo Plug) and left the memory card in the computer.

I /we found out when it was too late, I had bought a copy of Nathan's book as listening to him talk to people behind me, he came across as a jolly nice chap.
Anyway, I asked my son to take a snap shot of the two of us, which Nathan obliged, to hear Ben asking is this supposed to say that on the screen?
Long story short I discovered the above; had I of known I had a spare card and batteries, so a retake was done and that was about it.
I had some decent shots as well of the ABR crews, some taken surreptitiously, and a couple of the obligatory machinery, the one that I'm going to miss the most was of the Air Head BM, that was parked outside, I saw the guy mount and ride off with a fair bit of style, and sadly now just a memory.

An apology to Ray and the rest of ya'll, it's my fault that the team photo didn't happen as I arrived all flustered and anxious to get everyone away without any extra waiting, I'm aware that you guys gave us your time and patience in hanging around on an unwarm Sunday morn.

On a brighter note I cheered myself up by playing a rather nice and fruity exhaust note through Hatfield tunnel, to which I was reprimanded by my son for being a hooligan!
That said it wasn't all roses, as I've managed to melt, blacken and blister the tail trim and indicator[even more] from the hot exhaust, so not unlike last year when I did a similar thing to one of the panniers from the standard exhaust.

Glad we all arrived together, even through London, so not all bad.
Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone, but in fairness it was a starburst when we all arrived, people all doing their own thing.

Hope you all enjoyed it.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”