Tony Lacey (Pintmaster) Ashes Scattering 22 April

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Tony Lacey (Pintmaster) Ashes Scattering 22 April

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Many of you will remember Tony Lacey (AKA Pintmaster on here) who was a big part of the trail-riding/adventure-riding community. What you may not have known is he was enduring a long battle with cancer, and riding through pain and adversity. It's therefore fitting that it seems to have fallen the motorcycling community to organise a final farewell to him. Particularly Mike Irving, who was Tony's loyal 'wingman' on so many epic rides.

Message from Mike Irving

Tony's Last Trailride!

I have been asked to arrange for the dispersal of Tony Lacey’s Ashes and the date I have settled on is Saturday 22nd April 2023.

I believe Tony’s family originated in Norfolk and resettled there when his Dad came out of the RAF, and spent his teenage years there. He always said Norfolk was his “favourite ride” so I think it fitting his last ride should be his Old route from Thetford to Hunstanton.

My idea is:-

For Tony to take his last ride on 22nd April 2023

To accommodate as many that want to ride in small groups Riding through Norfolk from Thetford and meeting at the Fish and Chip shop carpark on Hunstanton Cliff for the dispersal say 1.00pm. If the weather is not so good and for his non riding family and Friends to join us.

Tony lead a lot of us across Norfolk over the years so I thought it only fitting that we get as many that want to, to form groups with leaders, plan their own routes to arrive at the “Chippy” timely for 1.00pm. And if they could let me know if they are attending and how many.

Please indicate below if you would like to come. There is a small party riding up on 'big bikes' from Cambridge...I may be among them

Thanks

Richard

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”