Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Biquad

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by Biquad »

Just a quick update.

I have been up to Goathland for the weekend to introduce myself to the persons who are responsible for the Hub and catering.

All is in order and having been into the building I can honestly say that it will suit our requirements admirably. Fantastic toilet and shower facilities and the bar will be in the building, the marquee will still be there but probably without its sides!
I have had fabricated a fire pit which I will be taking up and donating to the Hub facility.
Badges and stickers ordered but I do not intend to go any further with 'Trinketry' as I did last year.
Pubs are great as is the tea room and I can recommend a 'bomb'!!!
Food will be served from a catering van but I am assured it will be very good, evening meals and breakfasts, I have even asked for a vegan option.

I have noted lots of views of this post but not so many replies, we have managed some 40 plus attendees in the past and i hope that with the superior facilities that you will be able to attend.

Cheers Steve (alias Mario, cos big John said so!)
brianswm

Post by brianswm »

ill be there steve, looked a great site. your spoiling us steve.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

brianswm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:22 pm ill be there steve, looked a great site. your spoiling us steve.
Yeah should be a good event, some people are worth spoiling! :D
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

I will be away working for the next week or so. I hope that the details of this meet are getting out and we will get support as in past years.

The fire pit has been made and I will pick up when I get back and take up to Goathland in my van.

Stickers etc will also be collected.

I hope that all of the views for this thread will turn into attendance!.

Cheers Steve
devon john

Post by devon john »

the riders club is going to back this as per usual ,,

great venue

devon john
vic21

Post by vic21 »

Looks like I will miss it this year, had a new hip fitted a few days ago so don't think I'll be ready by then. Hope its a success Steve, thanks for the work you've put in.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

vic21 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:30 pm Looks like I will miss it this year, had a new hip fitted a few days ago so don't think I'll be ready by then. Hope its a success Steve, thanks for the work you've put in.
Not to worry Vic, there will be another time.
I wish you well with your new hip, I know a few people that have had new hips and considering the trauma to fit and technology in the materials, I am in awe at the medical teams that perform this operation. Also the recuperation time is remarkable.
See ya in a field somewhere.
devon john

Post by devon john »

seem a lot of interest on the Harley riders web site ,,

not that far off looking forward to this ,,, your doing a grand job Mario :o
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

Hi all back from working away and on the mission to make this event run smoothly.
I have now got the fire pit and some rubbish bins and will be going over to Goathland in the next few days to finalise details.
We now have over 2 weeks to get your gear together and come along to a fabulous meeting.

Cheers Steve
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Hi all. Is there anyone from the Accrington area going to the rally? If so could you pick up a couple of small packages for me and bring to the Ecky Thump? Much appreciated if can do.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”