Ecky Thump Rally

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Biquad

Re: Ecky Thump Rally

Post by Biquad »

Hi all, I have again been up to Goathland for final arrangements.
I know that some of you will travel some distance and prefer to get to the meet on the Thursday.
This has been approved but I can only get the keys to the site at 2.00 pm on the Thursday afternoon.
If anyone gets there earlier might I suggest you park up in the village and wait for me, plenty of cafe's etc.
I will be on my Yamaha Beige XT660Z :D

Hope you understand.

Cheers Steve
devon john

Post by devon john »

hello Mario
i will be there some time in the morning but can put up my tent etc on the site if i am early ,

dont think there will be a problem,,

as its 400mls for me and dont know the traffic or delays i start early and hope the ride is uneventful

be good to see you again

devon john
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

Steve, me and one maybe two others will be attending, looking forward to it. Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

devon john wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:31 pm hello Mario
i will be there some time in the morning but can put up my tent etc on the site if i am early ,

dont think there will be a problem,,

as its 400mls for me and dont know the traffic or delays i start early and hope the ride is uneventful

be good to see you again

devon john
The big gates are padlocked and I am meeting up to get the keys at 2.00pm. There is a smaller side gate which may be open, but I will get there as early as I can.
Steve (alia Mario)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

High Mario! I'm getting to that age where a long ride in torrential rain is not that good for me--so I'm hoping that the forecast front is delayed a bit so that I can pitch my tent in the dry on Friday--otherwise I'll have to sensibly pass--we'll have to see.
Biquad

Post by Biquad »

catcitrus wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am High Mario! I'm getting to that age where a long ride in torrential rain is not that good for me--so I'm hoping that the forecast front is delayed a bit so that I can pitch my tent in the dry on Friday--otherwise I'll have to sensibly pass--we'll have to see.
Quite understandable, you can come on the Thursday if you want, I get the keys to open up at 2.00 in the afternoon.
Sunday doesn't look too bad to pack up.
Steve
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Thanks Steve, but busy at work--I'll keep watching the forecast detail--it changes all the time.
devon john

Post by devon john »

pissing down (6am ) here so will leave latter ,,,

should be there around 4pm
devon john

Post by devon john »

thankyou Mario a brilliant weekend ,,near prefect just a spot of rain on the Friday after noon ,,

the venue was as good as we thought and your fire pit worked a treat ,

the food van was again better than most doing proper meals ,,

the coffee and cake morning was brilliant and we had a chance to talk to the locals ,,

all in all a great job done ,,and booked again for next year ...

i got home at 2pm 400mls in the dry with no holdups ,,

again THANKYOU MARIO (Steve)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

What a cracking weekend in Goathland. The locals were all very friendly and certainly made us all feel welcome. The food van was really good and at £3:00 for a Guinness in the clubhouse you couldn't go wrong. Well done Steve for organising the rally and thanks.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”